The Student Room Group

***official****aqa gcse business studies unit 2 exam 24th may 2013 thread***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LittleMia
Do you think you could have said Price Penetration or Loss Leader as an alternative, or are those a bit extreme?

There isn't any right or wrong answers as long as you give good reasoning, though I don't think loss leaders would suit a housing company lol :P Building and selling houses which don't cover their costs they would be bankrupt in a minute!:biggrin:
Reply 41
Original post by pawwl
For the bending metal one I put outsourcing could help increase quality since the current workers are low skilled. Increasing the quality helps the business pass future tests and gain back reputation lost coz of the previous faulty multigym. This helps get trust of customers in them coz trust is especially important for this business since using a faulty multigym coz lead to serious injuries. By gaining trust the business could then increase sales
And yeah 20 is right I'm pretty sure :smile:

That's basically exactly what I put too! Except I mentioned some stuff about those people being experienced, so the bending metal task was completed quicker :s-smilie:
after the calculation what did you write about the change between the two years??
Reply 43
Original post by gomg
There isn't any right or wrong answers as long as you give good reasoning, though I don't think loss leaders would suit a housing company lol :P Building and selling houses which don't cover their costs they would be bankrupt in a minute!:biggrin:

That's so true! One of those crazy exam moments...:rolleyes:
Reply 44
Original post by mariaaaa12
after the calculation what did you write about the change between the two years??

The reason for the change? I think I said the cost of sales might be too high, this could be due to high cost of raw materials etc etc something along those lines
Original post by gomg
The reason for the change? I think I said the cost of sales might be too high, this could be due to high cost of raw materials etc etc something along those lines

arggg i got the caluclation wrong which means i also got that answer qrong too, so annoyed at the paper, any suggestions of grade boundaries???
Reply 46

Ooooh yeah, that question was strange! I think I said about them taking over other firms and inheriting debts and some other things...can anyone remember what the actually question was? I've forgotten! :confused:
*wrong
Reply 48

I wrote coz the cost of sales has increased more than the sales revenuue has..
Then I went back and read the case study and found that they mentioned an increase in the cost of fuel so I added that too
Reply 49
arggg i got the caluclation wrong which means i also got that answer qrong too, so annoyed at the paper, any suggestions of grade boundaries???

Last year it was:
A* = 45
A = 40
B = 35
C = 30
D = 26
E = 22
F = 19
G = 16

(Out of 60...not too bad but the boundaries are uber close! :s-smilie:)
it was such an annoying paper, i know i lost so many marks on stupid mistakes. I dont get why they made it so difficult this year :frown:
i think they'll be a lot lower then last year, no??
Reply 52
it was such an annoying paper, i know i lost so many marks on stupid mistakes. I dont get why they made it so difficult this year :frown:

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be a lot lower!
Reply 53
Last year it was:
A* = 45
A = 40
B = 35
C = 30
D = 26
E = 22
F = 19
G = 16

(Out of 60...not too bad but the boundaries are uber close! :s-smilie:)

I think the grade boundaries will be the same, if not a tiny bit higher by like 1/2 marks
Reply 54
i think they'll be a lot lower then last year, no??

Those ones were for June 2012 :s-smilie:
but the 2012 paper was so much easier
Reply 56
but the 2012 paper was so much easier

Definitely! Grrrr...it always seems to be our year that they change everything?!
Original post by gomg
I think the grade boundaries will be the same, if not a tiny bit higher by like 1/2 marks

really?? lots of people found it hard though, do you not think the grade boundaries will fall??
Definitely! Grrrr...it always seems to be our year that they change everything?!

AQA have made everything so much harder this year
Reply 59
The lower the better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending