The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Chemistry Unit 1 - 23Rd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by lukeetaylorr
Did anyone get 4.03g and 90.3% for purity ? Think I definetly dropped 8marks there ..

I reckon 90.3% is right, most of my friends got that! Not sure about the other answer. Sadly I got neither haha
Reply 441
Original post by jodie.irwin27
i said Lithium although i have no idea why.. just remember doing the Jan13 paper and a similar question came up for group 3 and it was sodium.. so i chose the first element in the period :L

surely it was Neon because ionisation energy increases across the period as they become smaller?
guys wondering about empirical formula of graphane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphane

wiki does not lie.
Reply 443
Original post by The Lawful T.J
Omg. Please tell me you're some super genius :frown: because I got 46.9% for that purity question..

- Tom

Hey I got around 47 too, have no idea how though! :L
Original post by nath1405
surely it was Neon because ionisation energy increases across the period as they become smaller?

Smaller? You thinking about atomic radius? It's Lithium because the second electron is being removed from the 1s sub level (orbital)... Closer to the nucleus etc.

- Tom
Reply 445

I'm afraid not, as you're taking an electron out of the 1s shell which has much less shielding that 2p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446

thats the general trend
Reply 447
relative atomic mass- weighted isotopic mass of an atom relative to 1/2th carbon 12

7 3.4? it was something .4 cant remember

I got 89.9% to yeah 90% too!!!
I got 7 for x

I got C3H

erm the last one was C2H4CL I think

will add to this to make an unoffical mark scheme-let me kow if you disagree

C16H34 for one
is the formula for graphene C3H or C4H or CH or something else?:confused:
Reply 449
Original post by pearson1995
Li

It was Li because all the other elements in that period were in the same sub level for 2 Electrons being knocked off.

If you look at Li It has 3 electrons therefore knocking 1 off would be normal knocking the second one off would take more energy as less shielding.

it was the SECOND though, if it was first then it would be neon
It's lithium, I put boron for some reason but here
http://www.webelements.com/periodicity/ionisation_energy_2/period_2sp.html
Original post by izzyd16
Hey I got around 47 too, have no idea how though! :L

Omg I'm kinda feeling somewhat better now xD I need 90+ I swear. I got 82 on the first but I lost marks because I was stupid and didn't read question properly! But with this one, it was the fact I didn't know how to answer most questions xD

- Tom
Reply 453
Original post by Tom_hess
I'm afraid not, as you're taking an electron out of the 1s shell which has much less shielding that 2p

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was 2nd IE so wasnt it Be
Reply 454
Agree, except graphene might be CH, many of my friends said that, and does wiki(but don't just trust wiki!!:s)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maik13
relative atomic mass- weighted isotopic mass of an atom relative to 1/2th carbon 12

7 3.4? it was something .4 cant remember

I got 89.9% to yeah 90% too!!!
I got 7 for x

I got C3H

erm the last one was C2H4CL I think

will add to this to make an unoffical mark scheme-let me kow if you disagree

C16H34 for one

72.4 :smile:

- Tom
Reply 456
****ed that exam up then I put AlCl instead of AlCl3 which is just stupid, i put 3rd ionisation energy instead of 2nd which is even worse, could not do the purity question! ****ed.
Agree, except graphene might be CH, many of my friends said that, and does wiki(but don't just trust wiki!!:s)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just realised that every carbon attached to the main carbon atom had a hydrogen on too.. So it must be CH ><

- Tom

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphane

trust wiki bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the thing is though.. it stated in the question that there were 3 carbon-carbon bonds and 1 carbon-hydrogen bond... so it must have been C3H? If it was CH then they would have stated in the question that there were 2 c-c bonds and 2 h-c bonds.. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending