The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography B GCSE Exam-- 4th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

So, how well do you think you did in the exam?

What did you write for the question about how much of the cost was lost (30,50,70m)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I literally want to cry.
Original post by BP_Tranquility

What did you write for the question about how much of the cost was lost (30,50,70m)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was actually very happy about the exam... i thought the first half was good, at first wasnt quite sure a
bout housing tenure but thenr ealised what it was. the 5 markers was a nice one on the greenfield sites... :smile: both the case studies i thought were really nice ones... i did cardiff bay then flooding in my local area. i was sooo happy in the natural world... all on coasts!!! i think we got off very lightly in this exam.. oh and i put 30m
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
I found it sooo hard!! What did you guys get for te question which said how to prevent land from coastal erosion? I just wrote something about putting groynes..and then I wrote about putting in rocks and embankments because I didn't know what else to write..
Original post by Nikhajf
I found it sooo hard!! What did you guys get for te question which said how to prevent land from coastal erosion? I just wrote something about putting groynes..and then I wrote about putting in rocks and embankments because I didn't know what else to write..

I could only think of rock armour, groynes and sea walls (which are very similar to rock armour) :colondollar:
Reply 65
How did u guys find it?
I've added a poll to the thread regarding the difficulty of the exam! Your votes would be helpful. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I put 70... had no idea what it was xD
Reply 68
I had put 30. I asked my friends and it seems that they had put 30 aswell.
Reply 69
Dd anyone do the spec a exam? How did you find it?.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I did spec A, it was impossible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was horrible. Theme 2 was the worst, everything would have been great had it not been for my crap timing and that coastal erosion question. Theme 1, looking back, probably wasn't too bad really. I am just bummed because everything I forgot to look over in my notes came up. Argh. :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 30 as well...
Theme 1 was quite good... I also liked that case study..

Theme 2 was alright.. The 5 mark question took up time.. I wrote about rip rap.. metal sheets and boulders...
The case study was quite hard too.. I wrote about the drought in the Sahel..
Original post by lionelmessi19
I got 30 as well...
Theme 1 was quite good... I also liked that case study..

Theme 2 was alright.. The 5 mark question took up time.. I wrote about rip rap.. metal sheets and boulders...
The case study was quite hard too.. I wrote about the drought in the Sahel..

What were the two case study questions again for theme 2? Wasn't one of them about floods? :redface:

And compared to past papers, do you think this exam was more difficult or less difficult than them? :smile:
What were the two case study questions again for theme 2? Wasn't one of them about floods? :redface:

And compared to past papers, do you think this exam was more difficult or less difficult than them? :smile:

It was on climate
and on a river flood..

I thought that theme 1 was easier compared to other papers..Theme 2 -- the final two questions were slightly harder.... but i feel the grade boundaries might be high :frown:
It was on climate
and on a river flood..

I thought that theme 1 was easier compared to other papers..Theme 2 -- the final two questions were slightly harder.... but i feel the grade boundaries might be high :frown:

I thought that both themes were more difficult than past papers...I hope the grade boundaries are lowered, and what did you write for the question which asked you about why you should rent a home (I struggled on this one)? :redface:
I thought that both themes were more difficult than past papers...I hope the grade boundaries are lowered, and what did you write for the question which asked you about why you should rent a home (I struggled on this one)? :redface:

I think it asked explain two reasons why renting a home is good..
I said that you can earn money, because the tenants can pay you for their stay.. etc
and you can retrieve your home back after providing a notice to the tenants.. This means that you will be earning money when you are not staying there, and can easily repossess your home as you are the legal owner..

Hope that's right! What did you put?
I think it asked explain two reasons why renting a home is good..
I said that you can earn money, because the tenants can pay you for their stay.. etc
and you can retrieve your home back after providing a notice to the tenants.. This means that you will be earning money when you are not staying there, and can easily repossess your home as you are the legal owner..

Hope that's right! What did you put?

Your reasons seem much better than mine! :eek:
-I wrote that renting allows the person, if they have a low salary, to be able to use that home for a certain period of time
-And that renting, after your contract ends, allows you to renew it but you can also move away to a different home if you want, rather than being bound to one home :frown:
Your reasons seem much better than mine! :eek:
-I wrote that renting allows the person, if they have a low salary, to be able to use that home for a certain period of time
-And that renting, after your contract ends, allows you to renew it but you can also move away to a different home if you want, rather than being bound to one home :frown:

You wrote it in a different point of view,, which looks perfectly fine.. You should get the marks.. Do you remember what the question had asked.. I can't remember exactly who's advantages it asked for..
You wrote it in a different point of view,, which looks perfectly fine.. You should get the marks.. Do you remember what the question had asked.. I can't remember exactly who's advantages it asked for..

No, I can't remember...But it said something about how more people in Brighton are renting but I don't think it said from whose perspective renting be would be beneficial :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending