The Student Room Group

Do guys like a lady?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by broony92
Recently i'm having a major worry in that I love football and am extremely open it to the point where I can have heated arguments with guys over decisions in games etc.

I'm also called 'a bit of a lad' due to the nature of conversations I have with guy mates or about guys when im talking to my girl mates.

I'm totally confused about it all!!! I confess I can swear a lot and that isnt ladylike but I always assumed guys like a girl whos into football and can hold a conversation.

As for my 'laddish' behaviour, if my guy mates have crude conversations about girls infront of me I feel inclined to them my opinion, even if it comes across distasteful in itself.

Totally confused.
Should I hold my tongue in a bid to appear more ladylike and appeal to guys?

Should'nt be afraid of who you are, I personally think its refreshing and unique in some cases, should be mindful though that whilst some would share my view many wont, do you find you're girl mates are cool with it?

Anyway I think its good on alot of angles, one you might have more of a "bro" type friendship with guys which I'll just come out and say is amazing for a guy, the friendship a man has with another guy he almost or does consider a brother instead of a friend is hard to rival, its deeper and more loyal, you would probably be able to get that more easily than some girls with a male mate due to your "lad" behaivour,

similarly alot of guys like a girl in a relationship who is into similar stuf or even gets on with them on the same level of personality, interest etc, so its not a bad thing there either,

Only thing I can say, alot of guys do perfer a more femenine woman in that respect but tbh the world is a big place theres pleanty of people who will like someone, those who wont and then there is people who are just open minded and willing to give anyone a chance so I dont think you'd be hindered in that respect.

Generally I don't think you've anything to worry about, its great that you are who you are, as it is with anyone, so be happy about it and enjoy the good sides of it!

All the best,
swearing doesnt bother me

i find football boring though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending