The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Postgraduate accommodation in Belfast

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice re accommodation in Belfast. I'll be moving there for a Master's course in September. Just wondering if those familiar with the area would suggest postgrad accommodation or not? I'm 28, so don't want to be in a situation where I'm living with people much younger than me. I've been looking into Willow Walk as it is specifically for postgrad's, but I've not lived on campus since I was 18 so a bit unsure of what to expect. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I am starting a masters in September and like yourself unsure of suitable accommodation for post grads.

Did you end up in Willow Walk? If so, would you recommend the place? It seems to be the only thing that comes up when I google post grad accommodation belfast!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
I ended up going with private shared accommodation in the end. I've friends living in Willow Walk and they like it, although security are fairly strict about having friends over - they need to be signed in, etc. If you've stayed in campus accommodation before, it seems to be more or less the same as most places. That's the extent of my knowledge re Willow Walk.

I ended up moving into a house share - much cheaper than campus acc. and it's actually closer to Queen's too, which is a bonus. The great thing about Willow Walk though is that you're surrounded by students which makes it easy to become friends with people.

Hope that helps.
Reply 3
Thanks for the response, thats a great help!

I have plenty of time to decide what to do yet I suppose!

How do you find Queens in general? Would you recommend this university for a masters?
Reply 4
I"ll be moving in Sept, would like to live in Willow Walk but it's so expensive. I want to be able to meet other students but don't think there is postgrad accommodation in my price range.
Reply 5
I feel exactly the same as you Glassglass! I haven't yet accepted my offer but in the next week I expect to and would be keen to talk on here about potentially setting up some houseshares if anyone else is in the the same boat.
Reply 6
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Queens is great! Would definitely recommend it. I'm familiar with the running of my school alone but I've friends doing various courses and they all seem pretty happy with the MA and PhD programmes so that's positive.

I can see the appeal of wanting to say in Willow Walk. It makes the transition to a new city easier. That said, I don't live on campus and I've made lots of friends and am very settled in Belfast now. I had to put myself out there as I knew nobody when I moved up, but it's been worth it.

There's a postgraduate induction week the week before courses start and I'd strongly recommend it. I made a solid bunch of friends through that alone. It's also a great way to explore the city and sample the nightlife.

I've no doubt you'll all love it here. It's a great spot.
@Aspria setting up a houseshare is a good idea, I have already been in contact with someone else that may be interested in that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending