The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance in top universities help!

I am just at the end of year 12 and planning to apply for international relations at the university of edinburgh, st andrews, dundee and aberdeen and one in England. I'm just worried that I'm not good enough for applying to top universities such as Edinburgh and St Andrews.

My gcses were really disappointing and i got 4A's, 3B's and 2C's.
For my alevels I am only taking three which are Geography History and English. I'm doing CAS diploma which is creation, action, service. I am also doing the EPQ project (extended project qualification) and throughout my life I have lived in 5 different countries and been educated at international schools.

If any one wants to give me any advice or suggestions please do!:smile:
Reply 1
Your GCSEs are fine, just make sure you get good grades in your A levels which are much more important. Have you actually looked at the GCSE requirements for these courses?

The universities will look at more than just your grades, so make sure you have a good personal statement and a good reference and I see no reason for you not to apply to top universities.
Most unis don't really have a specific requirement for GCSE grades, and are much more concerned about your A-levels and personal statement. I wouldn't worry about GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending