The Student Room Group

Will I get no support?

I got a degree a few years ago, studied for 3 years, however since then I have become disabled, now I fancy doing a graduate diploma, part time cost £2780 a year.

I'm around 30 years old. My monthly income is around £350 a month. I don't get any benefits yet I'm too sick to work much more in my current job. I'm completely stuck in life. Hoping the diploma would open up office jobs to me, instead of the manual jobs open to me now.

Is there any help available to me? :smile:

Thanks.
Original post by Logibel
I got a degree a few years ago, studied for 3 years, however since then I have become disabled, now I fancy doing a graduate diploma, part time cost £2780 a year.

I'm around 30 years old. My monthly income is around £350 a month. I don't get any benefits yet I'm too sick to work much more in my current job. I'm completely stuck in life. Hoping the diploma would open up office jobs to me, instead of the manual jobs open to me now.

Is there any help available to me? :smile:

Thanks.

As it's a graduate diploma you won't get any funding for fee's or anything like that as student finance only covers undergrad level. You'll get support from DSA, but this isn't money. It's more about what can be done to help you whilst you study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending