The Student Room Group

Transferring from a foudation course

Hello,
I am planning on if my first plan of getting into a 'normal' course fails, i go into a foundation course. However, would it be possible for me to transfer after the first year from a foundation course to a 'normal' course (first year of course)?
Reply 1
Original post by bottled
Hello,
I am planning on if my first plan of getting into a 'normal' course fails, i go into a foundation course. However, would it be possible for me to transfer after the first year from a foundation course to a 'normal' course (first year of course)?

Foundation course, is just their to help you actually complete the degree.........so you get given options, you pick the modules which are relevant to the course you wanna do and meet the requirements by getting a certain % of those modules. You can also apply to other unis as well if they are willing to accept the modules.
Reply 2
Original post by Iqbal007
Foundation course, is just their to help you actually complete the degree.........so you get given options, you pick the modules which are relevant to the course you wanna do and meet the requirements by getting a certain % of those modules. You can also apply to other unis as well if they are willing to accept the modules.

So suppose i take computer science, and learn the basics y'know the maths and the physics and what not. The same university should allow me to transfer to 1st year electronic engineering right?
Reply 3
Original post by bottled
So suppose i take computer science, and learn the basics y'know the maths and the physics and what not. The same university should allow me to transfer to 1st year electronic engineering right?

It depends on the modules in the foundation you have taken and whether they are willing to accept it, talk to the people there and worther its acceptable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending