The Student Room Group

75 year old Asian man stabbed to death in racially motivated attack

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Daniel George
Ignorance and over-generalisation in blaming race and religion for the problems we have in society caused 60 million to die in World War Two. people learn nothing from history.

"murderers drink milk, it does not mean all milk drinkers are murderers"

it makes me so sad!

Ikr
Reply 41
Original post by KimKallstrom
lol Nice try but we know you spent about an hour trawling for an incident like this because you were getting crushed in the other thread.

Why aren't you coming into the thread anymore? Bit embarassing tbh x
Reply 42
Exactly.. WHERE exactly is the media coverage for this?

He was an OLD MAN
Why does no one give a damn about this!
Reply 43
Original post by meenu89
This has been covered by Midlands Today.

Whereas this current Woolwich case is receiving 24/7 coverage in virtually every British news channel.
Original post by S4LM4N
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

Why didn't this receive a lot of media coverage? I was reading TSR and Digital Spy yesterday and was shocked at the generalisations and hate being spewed. It's surprising as well as sad to know that so many people are easily fed by the media. Evaluate your perspectives on things, people.

RIP to the White soldier as well as the elderly Asian man. Both truly horrific cases with all this generalising the last thing that is needed.

This will probably get negged by TSR's standards. Sad state of affairs really, and it'll just prove my point.

An Asian person being murdered doesn't make it racially motivated. Where in that article is there a single shred of evidence it was racial?
Reply 45
Original post by billydisco
An Asian person being murdered doesn't make it racially motivated. Where in that article is there a single shred of evidence it was racial?

If there was no single inclination then the police would not have suspected it was related to race.
Original post by S4LM4N
Even if it wasn't, racially motivated attacks against Muslims have happened in the past. The point is the media doesn't tell us about that, and if it was the other way round then it would immediately be labelled a terrorist attack.

Oh for god's sake are you really that stupid?

Muslim person killed by white guy doesn't mean racially motivated.

Muslim shouting religious obscenities whilst hacking away a British soldier IS a racially motivated act of terrorism?!!

If you don't like it perhaps you need to leave Britain?
Original post by S4LM4N
If there was no single inclination then the police would not have suspected it was related to race.

The police didn't suspect it was related to race- they said they would check it was not related to race....

Standard police procedure- assume it could be anything and rule out all possibilities. Are you being this stupid on purpose?
Reply 48
Oh for god's sake are you really that stupid?

Muslim person killed by white guy doesn't mean racially motivated.

Muslim shouting religious obscenities whilst hacking away a British soldier IS a racially motivated act of terrorism?!!

If you don't like it perhaps you need to leave Britain?

Whatever the reason is, the fact is (which is one of the points of this thread) it doesn't speak for White people as a whole, as does the Woolwich case with Muslims.

Why should I leave Britain when I'm British? Why do people throw that old line around and then criticise Muslims for segregating themselves from British culture?
Original post by S4LM4N
Whereas this current Woolwich case is receiving 24/7 coverage in virtually every British news channel.

1) The Woolwich attack was politically motivated; whereas the motive behind the murder of the 75 year old Asian is speculative at best

2) If an attack is politically motivated, it has to be addressed by the relevant politicians (PM, Mayor, etc), so it's not surprising that the media are covering it more

3) The perpetrators were shot, and are currently being detained by armed officials; the situation is much more serious than a mere stabbing that may/may not have been racially motivated

4) 2 further arrests have been made, and attacks on Muslims are rising; this didn't happen in the case of the stabbing of the Asian man

C'mon. If you still don't understand why this story is being covered more, then you're an idiot.

EDIT: Negged because you don't like answers to your questions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
The police didn't suspect it was related to race- they said they would check it was not related to race....

Standard police procedure- assume it could be anything and rule out all possibilities. Are you being this stupid on purpose?

If race wasn't strongly suspected then it wouldn't have been part of the Guardian headline.
Reply 51
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
1) The Woolwich attack was politically motivated; whereas the motive behind the murder of the 75 year old Asian is speculative at best

2) If an attack is politically motivated, it has to be addressed by the relevant politicians (PM, Mayor, etc), so it's not surprising that the media are covering it more

3) The perpetrators were shot, and are currently being detained by armed officials; the situation is much more serious than a mere stabbing that may/may not have been racially motivated

4) 2 further arrests have been made, and attacks on Muslims are rising; this didn't happen in the case of the stabbing of the Asian man

C'mon. If you still don't understand why this story is being covered more, then you're an idiot.

Mate you wasted your time writing that, I'm not going to read something written by someone who has to resort to childish insults.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by S4LM4N
If race wasn't strongly suspected then it wouldn't have been part of the Guardian headline.

So? The original source of information is the Police, and I'm not seeing any evidence that this was racially motivated.

On the other hand, we have video footage of the terrorist saying that he did what he did because he disagrees with the British foreign policy.
Original post by Kayleigh.wenham3
A couple on anomalies here. 1. No one was beheaded 2. You talk about it not being "proven" as a racially motivated attack, but what has happened in woolwich hasn't been "proven" as terrorist attack. The whole thing stinks of media hype in order to create hatred among people.

I don't think it's in the medias interests to create hatred among people and any hatred that has come out of the event I think has been blown out of proportion, the EDL response is to be expected from that kind of group, the vast majority people do not blame Islam for what happened.

My point was the OP clearly was trying to emphasise a view/agenda he has, given that he has ignored the article and declared it a racially motivated attack based on absolutely no evidence he holds. I'm sorry its an awful incident but people get murdered all the time and just because it in this case was a white on Indian murder doesn't = racially motivated, and as murders happen everyday there is no reason why this should have received any more coverage than all other murders.

The Woolwich incident clearly was going to get more media hype because it was (and yes it was, just watch the viral video of the killer speaking) an islamic fundamentalist terrorist attack in broad daylight of a highly brutal nature to a soldier. A whole array of highly sensitive and profound aspects to the incident make it more newsworthy (rightly or wrongly you may argue) and therefore it's getting all the airtime.

Trying to imply theres some kind of institutional racism in the mass media is rather cynical and unfounded if you ask me. (especially as the left-leaning guardian has given just as much coverage).
Reply 54
unproven. You assume that it was racist bnecause the perpetrator was white which is a racist generalisation.
Reply 55
It could've equally been motivated by the documentary on asian rape gangs abducting white girls and raping them 24/7, or even asian elders keeping young asian women as sex slaves
Reply 56
Original post by G8D
Based on?

Well the perpetrator was a White man who did not rob him and stabbed him numerous times in the back. This doesn't mean it was racist but its not absurd to suggest this was a hate crime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by generallee
It was a political act. It may have been religiously motivated but it's aims were political; a change in Britsh foreign policy, the imposition of a worldwide Islamic caliphate under Sharia with the UK an integral part, radicalisation of the entire British Muslim community as a result of a backlash against them which this attempts to engender.

It was attempting to create division. The media are just tools in this. They are not to blame, the terrorists are.

Did you even watch the killers speech? He asked why the Western governments are killing Muslims for imposing Shariah in their lands. He also said leave us alone and you will have peace (something along those lines anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Is this the first thread of this horrific murder on TSR? I hate involving race but if this was a White man stabbed to death by an Asian suspect the thread would've been created on day 1 of the murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by S4LM4N
It only happened recently and I just found out now, bye.

It happened on may 2nd, before the soldier was beheaded, so you cant link the 2 incidents.

Furthermore, its not proven to be a racist attack. Old people are easy targets for scum to mug, this could have been a mugging gone wrong.

Its horrible that he was stabbed, but maybe it was reported less than the soldiers beheading because soldiers don't get beheaded mid afternoon on a high street in the UK.

Im not justifying the actions of the guy who stabbed the old man, please dont see it that way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending