The Student Room Group

How are people feeling about their last day of school?

Tomorrow is my last day of school.. after 13 years :frown:

It's so weird, like I don't want to accept it :frown:

How's everyone else feeling?
Reply 1
I have a maths exam on my last day (tomorrow), so can't say I'm too excited.
Don't think I'll be excited until my last exam's over to be honest...
Reply 2
Original post by Miracle Day
Tomorrow is my last day of school.. after 13 years :frown:

It's so weird, like I don't want to accept it :frown:

How's everyone else feeling?

felt weird when I finished school, after my last exam I was thinking 'Oh.... Ok.... that's done now.... so now what?...'
Reply 3
Original post by .JJ
I have a maths exam on my last day (tomorrow), so can't say I'm too excited.
Don't think I'll be excited until my last exam's over to be honest...

Awh an exam on your last day must be tough :/
I felt pretty sad on my last day of school - it's that bittersweet transition period.
You gotta move forward though, and University rocked!
Reply 5
I left school back in 2008, So that was... 6 years ago? Man time flies quick.
Reply 6
What's classed as leaving "school"? High school, college, uni? I leave college on 17th June and won't miss it.
Actually really happy school has finished. I think I'm the only one who feels like this :redface: I mean, if most of my close friends weren't kicked out or left then I would probably be really sad...but honestly, I can't wait for uni, so I'm not bothered at all!
Reply 8
Original post by Charlottelt
What's classed as leaving "school"? High school, college, uni? I leave college on 17th June and won't miss it.

For me? I say Secondary School i.e Academy, Considering the forum this is posted under. Anything Below Uni I think? Don't Quote me on that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I was actually quite happy to leave ...

It might be partly because I joined this school in year 10 but I didn't feel sad or sentimental at all! I didn't hate Sixth Form by any means and I had some really great teachers but in a way I'm still glad it's over. Years of traipsing there everyday (I lived quite far away), wearing uniform and having to sign in all the time did begin to drag somewhat. We had a little party for our Further Maths class though and that was quite emotional as the same two teachers had taught us all the way through secondary school - we sang Disney Songs and played countdown with cakes for the numbers :colone:

I think because I've got Uni lined up it's less of a big deal as well - I'm not heading off into the big bad world just yet !
Bump up of a slightly old thread :wink: because this has suddenly really got to me today.

After weeks of really not caring I actually feel really sad to be leaving college and I'm not even sure why :confused:. I couldn't care less when I left school two years ago, I think after five years in the same school I was happy to be leaving. Haven't particularly enjoyed college but I guess it's one of those things that you don't realise how good you've got it till it'd gone. Just one week left of exams and a few signatures I'll never set foot in there again or ever see my teachers again- just seems weird after two years of pretty much dedicating my life to it.

Strange as well to think after 14 years I'm no longer going to be in free education, or if I decide to not go Uni then education at all :eek:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending