The Student Room Group

fail uni

ok not sure if in right section

i'm first year at uni and throughout this year feel like i've done a reasonable amount of work

I have my main exams in just over a week and i've realised how unprepared i am... and i just don't have an willing or incentive to put in the 10 hours of work a day i'd need to do. I try a past paper and can't do a question, and we have no mark schemes or anything so have nowhere to turn and don't know what to do. Unlike most unis my first year counts... i just don't know what to do anymore jsut feel like giving upp
Reply 1
Haha dw man, you're in the same position as the rest of us university students - you just gotta put those 10 hours in and summer will come soon!

Think of it this way: would you rather have to put in 10 hours per day for like a week or 2 before exams and then have 3 months off, or work 9-5 every day and only get like 4 weeks off the entire year?
Reply 2
10 hours of work a day??? God no wonder you have no motivation. Try splitting work into topics and doing small sessions of 10 - 20 mins and then have a break, it makes work seem less daunting and is a more effective way to revise. :smile:

As for not knowing where to turn up and no mark schemes are they in your module handbook? If not I would email you tutor and ask about them. :biggrin:
Original post by Kovu07
10 hours of work a day??? God no wonder you have no motivation. Try splitting work into topics and doing small sessions of 10 - 20 mins and then have a break...

10 hours a day is only 2 hours (or 25%) more than you'll be doing every day for the 40 years after graduating, and that without breaks every 15 minutes and an imminent end to the tedium.

Quick Reply

Latest