The Student Room Group

Government and Politics Unit 4C Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Superunknown17
Depends what the UMS was at AS because it could have been a really high C or a really C which would affect the overall grade.

UNIT 1 - 70 / UNIT 2-53- i think . i guess that is a low C ?
Yeah, it's a low C so if it was 70 at Unit 3 and let's just say 90 for Unit 4 then it would come out as 283 which would be a low B overall I believe. Hope I've helped :smile:
Reply 42
Yeah, it's a low C so if it was 70 at Unit 3 and let's just say 90 for Unit 4 then it would come out as 283 which would be a low B overall I believe. Hope I've helped :smile:

Yes you have thank you !! let us say it is a 80 @ unit 3 then a 90 in unit 4 that will just meet a A ? I need a A from this subject and im so skeptical about everything but it looks like i can just about get the B
Original post by Kimko
Yes you have thank you !! let us say it is a 80 @ unit 3 then a 90 in unit 4 that will just meet a A ? I need a A from this subject and im so skeptical about everything but it looks like i can just about get the B

No I don't think so, to get an A, you need 320 UMS marks overall :/
Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on how well the Supreme Court protects civil liberties?I have lots of historical examples, but I haven't got an overall opinion that I have made from any recent trends. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
I would be so happy if a 45 marker came up on either the president's foreign vs domestic powers or whether the Supreme Court has too much power, something like that :moon:
Reply 46
I'm so so ****ed for this exam. Just know what seems like nothing when I do a past paper
Reply 47
I'm not sure if this has already been said but our teacher has always told us to just you PEE for every essay. 15 marks or 45. P = point (theoretical knowledge to gain A01. E = Evidence from recent examples to support your claim. E = Evaluate the view by offering counter argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Can anyone please work out how many RAW marks I need from these final 2 exams?

I'm on 143 UMS so far.

D=200UMS
C=240UMS
B=280UMS

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Joelcooper
Can anyone please work out how many RAW marks I need from these final 2 exams?

I'm on 143 UMS so far.

D=200UMS
C=240UMS
B=280UMS

Thanks

For a B you need 137 more UMS, which is about 69 UMS in each exam. I don't know what the other module you're doing is, but for this exam, in January the boundary was 48/90 raw marks to get 70 UMS in the exam. The other one will probably be similar.
What do you guys think might come up?!
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I would be so happy if a 45 marker came up on either the president's foreign vs domestic powers or whether the Supreme Court has too much power, something like that :moon:

Can you give me some more points each side please?
For powerful in foreign I've got:
Favourable situation
Constitution powers as commander-in-chief
And the nature of foreign policy requires strong leadership, eg speed, secrecy and diplomacy

And for the other side all I've got is: Unfavourable situation, eg when the Iraq War turned sour
Could you help me out please? :smile:
Can you give me some more points each side please?
For powerful in foreign I've got:
Favourable situation
Constitution powers as commander-in-chief
And the nature of foreign policy requires strong leadership, eg speed, secrecy and diplomacy

And for the other side all I've got is: Unfavourable situation, eg when the Iraq War turned sour
Could you help me out please? :smile:

The other side? So are you looking for points that he's weak abroad?
- Congress' checks: ratifying treaties, confirming appointments important in foreign policy like ambassadors
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
The other side? So are you looking for points that he's weak abroad?
- Congress' checks: ratifying treaties, confirming appointments important in foreign policy like ambassadors

Erm yeah, like for the other side, is it a mix of weak abroad/strong at home?
But thanks a lot, could you use the war powers act as well?
Whats the different between signing statements and executive orders?!?!!!
Reply 55
Does anyone know what they would say for
"consider the extent to which Congress has increased the reach of its power through expansive reading of eg. the ‘necessary and proper’ clause"
I genuinely have no idea and it is slightly worrying that they could ask something like this!
Erm yeah, like for the other side, is it a mix of weak abroad/strong at home?
But thanks a lot, could you use the war powers act as well?

You could :biggrin:
Original post by apple1
Does anyone know what they would say for
"consider the extent to which Congress has increased the reach of its power through expansive reading of eg. the ‘necessary and proper’ clause"
I genuinely have no idea and it is slightly worrying that they could ask something like this!

That's quite hard, I don't think they would ask that :smile:
Reply 58
What do we need to know about congressional committees?
Original post by t1gger123
What do we need to know about congressional committees?

Their role, i.e legislation, representation and scrutiny and their importance, such as chairmen being a rival source of authority to the President if they're of a different party. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending