The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Isn't it iris in the table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by JPL9457
how many marks was the ray diagram question? 2, 3 or 4?

4 marks
Original post by bbadonde2
Hopefully the exam went well for you all. Please post to add to the mark scheme.

a) Labels: Cornea and Retina
b) Table: Pupil,

I have the full question order if you would like it, like what 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 were on.
Reply 23
the first question for the label was infact "Iris" but im sure they may allow pupil
Reply 24
Original post by Alex_Aits
the first question for the label was infact "Iris" but im sure they may allow pupil

this is so funny, there has been so much arguing on which one is right, i myself put pupil
Reply 25
Original post by JPL9457
how many marks was the ray diagram question? 2, 3 or 4?

It was 4 marks :smile:
The ray diagram question was 4 marks :smile:
Original post by bbadonde2
Hopefully the exam went well for you all. Please post to add to the mark scheme.

a) Labels: Cornea and Retina
b) Table: Pupil,

Lol, not trusting this... she wrote pupil. It's iris, although in the spec it refers to them as being the same thing http://gyazo.com/dbe246ddb30aa20db3c8a90cb962a2dd

BUT THE REVISION GUIDES SAYS THAT THE IRIS MATCHES THE DESCRIPTION THEY GAVE!
Question 5e was brilliant.
It was just asking for it.

It was the one asking whether this money was well spent on space exploration.

I circled yes and said we would never had developed a $2 million pen that could work in space (but we could have used a pencil like the Russians).

I need to see the examiners report for that question. It's so subjective!
Reply 29
Original post by king_revision
Lol, not trusting this... she wrote pupil. It's iris, although in the spec it refers to them as being the same thing http://gyazo.com/dbe246ddb30aa20db3c8a90cb962a2dd

BUT THE REVISION GUIDES SAYS THAT THE IRIS MATCHES THE DESCRIPTION THEY GAVE!

The work book has a question with an identical table to the one in the exam. The description was word for word and the answer book said pupil.
Reply 30
Hello :smile: Please can this be updated if possible? :smile:
Reply 31
What did people put for the one about scientists in Space? This was confusing but I think I put:
Yes, More elements can be discovered which could aid medical research.
I hope this is true and I haven't just completely made something up!!!
Reply 32
Original post by LemonRice
What did people put for the one about scientists in Space? This was confusing but I think I put:
Yes, More elements can be discovered which could aid medical research.
I hope this is true and I haven't just completely made something up!!!

I put no, the money could have been spent trying to find cures for uncurable illnesses such as dementia.
Reply 33
Original post by thephoenixlament
question 5e was brilliant.
It was just asking for it.

It was the one asking whether this money was well spent on space exploration.

I circled yes and said we would never had developed a $2 million pen that could work in space (but we could have used a pencil like the russians).

I need to see the examiners report for that question. It's so subjective!

looooooooooooooooooooool
Reply 34
Facepalm to you its actually the problem with a penicl is that if the point of a pencil snaps it flies around in antigravity and it can go into somonees eyse or do other damage
If you want I have the marks for each of the 7 questions :

Q1 - 10 - Was about the structure of the eye and etc
Q2 - 8
Q3 - 9 - Was about the 6-marker : Describe the properties of ultrasound and X-rays and what happens when they are in the body. Then about why an ultrasound is used instead of X-rays in prenatal scanning and something else...
Q4 - 5
Q5 - 12
Q6 - 7
Q7 - 9

Thats all I pretty much remember. :biggrin:
For two marks you had to state the ray diagram, so I had put its Real & Diminished.

For the first ever question, the label eye one I had put Iris & Retina.
Q1- a) cornea and retina, b) Pupil/iris, ciliary muscle changes shape of lens, lens changes shape to focus light from various distances. 5 marks,
Q2- a) conclusion thing b)1 marker, can't remember, c)work out lens power. 5 marks
Q3- a) 6 mark x-rays b) why x-rays are unsafe on fetus c) use of ultrasound (kidney stones) . 9 marks
q4- a) hydraulic pressure in liquid, work out pressure, is force bigger. 5 marks
Q5) a) space question- where the astronaut travels and the force, 3 conclusions, graph quesion, how motor works in thing, how it moves (arrows), is space exploration worth it, something else. 12 marks
Q6- why boat is stable (2), why suitcase is stable (2), pendulum maths(3). 7 marks
Q7 a) ray diagram (4), describe camera image (2) 6 marks
Q
Q8) a) how transformer works (3), voltage is 20, amps is 0.3, advantage of switch mode, advantage of battery,. 9 marks

Adds up to 58.
Reply 38
Original post by Midnight1811
For two marks you had to state the ray diagram, so I had put its Real & Diminished.

I put inverted, diminished. Would I still get 2 marks? :smile:

For the first one, I put retina and cornea.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Midnight1811

I said real and inverted is this right

Latest