The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kill3er
Yes, i have the paper in front of me right now :smile:

'The draw arrows on the diagram to show the direction of the forces acting on A and C of the coil' is just one mark.
See post #46.

Can you post or PM me question 4b please, I wanna check something with the numbers involved in the question
Reply 61
How can they mark us down for the space exploration question. It is opinion, so we all got at least one mark.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by rsjames97
Can you post or PM me question 4b please, I wanna check something with the numbers involved in the question

Sure.
When the riders hand pulls on the brake lever, the master piston applies a pressure of 1.5*106 pascals to the liquid.

Using the information from the diagram, calculate the force F exerted on the liquid by using the master piston.

(Cross sectional area of the master piston = 5.6*10-5 (m2)
(Cross sectional area of the slave piston = 14.4*10-5 (m2)
Reply 63
Original post by Kill3er
Yes, i have the paper in front of me right now :smile:

'The draw arrows on the diagram to show the direction of the forces acting on A and C of the coil' is just one mark.
See post #46.

Would you mind sending me the paper? So I can post the answers more easily
Reply 64
Original post by Kill3er
Sure.
When the riders hand pulls on the brake lever, the master piston applies a pressure of 1.5*106 pascals to the liquid.

Using the information from the diagram, calculate the force F exerted on the liquid by using the master piston.

(Cross sectional area of the master piston = 5.6*10-5 (m2)
(Cross sectional area of the slave piston = 14.4*10-5 (m2)

Thanks dude - so I did get it right - phew, no silly mistake made :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by bbadonde2
Would you mind sending me the paper? So I can post the answers more easily

That's the problem, my scanner is broken so i've had to type them all up.
Sorry :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by Kill3er
That's the problem, my scanner is broken so i've had to type them all up.
Sorry :frown:

Oh right, thanks anyway
Reply 67
people keep saying to me that AQA did something wrong, the 14.4 x 10^something question thingy, they say that they didn't put it in standard form, but i think AQA never implied or said it was supposed to be in standard form
Reply 68
Original post by JPL9457
people keep saying to me that AQA did something wrong, the 14.4 x 10^something question thingy, they say that they didn't put it in standard form, but i think AQA never implied or said it was supposed to be in standard form

It was in standard form, the figures they gave your were
I think I've done OK by that mark scheme but I don't want to get my hopes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Will you still get a mark on QU. 1e if you did 1/40 = 0.025 D without converting from cm to metres? :smile:
Reply 71
I'll get the MS done this afternoon
Guys for the property that makes liquid a good material in hydraulic pressure systems, I said: This is because pressure is exerted equally across a liquid Would I get the mark?
Reply 73
I put because particles in a liquid are arranged close together..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that is true, but too vague hence I don't think you would get the mark - but that is just my opinion
anyone got the Bio paper off eAQA?
Reply 76
Original post by rihannagirl
^ 3c was not prenatal scanning. it was removal of kidney stones/ other medical app.

Original post by ABC_12
a)

i thought the question was "apart from scanning, name one other medical use"

so shattering kidney stones

Original post by Whooh1
I didnt read it properly then, never mind only 1 mark i only need a C to get a A

The exact question is 'Ultrasound can be used for medical treatments as well as imaging. Give one use of ultrasound for medical treatment'.

Therefore prenatal scanning will be accepted.
Original post by Kill3er
The exact question is 'Ultrasound can be used for medical treatments as well as imaging. Give one use of ultrasound for medical treatment'.

Therefore prenatal scanning will be accepted.

They could accept anything really, such as: breaking down kidney stones, prenatal scanning, investigating blood flow in organs...

Relax Dude.
Reply 78
Original post by king_revision
They could accept anything really, such as: breaking down kidney stones, prenatal scanning, investigating blood flow in organs...

Relax Dude.

I am relaxed. If you bothered to read the quotes, you would realize i was clearing any doubts about prenatal scanning not being accepted.
Reply 79
Cool

Latest