The Student Room Group

Direct Line insurance

Why am I not getting a quote from Direct Line online? If I phone in am I likely to get a quote or will it just be a waste of time. This is the message that appears on the screen when I look to get a quote: From the information that you have provided to us, we are unable to provide you with a quotation at this time.
Reply 1
This is generally what they say when the car/driver combo you've put in is too risky for them to insure (or they want someone to double check the computer's quote before offering you a premium that's too low - something like that).

You can phone up, but this is probably a good indication that it's not going to be cheap.
Happens to me with direct line as well, I don't think they like young drivers :mad:

If they won't even quote you online, then even if you did phone them up and get a quote it's likely to be pretty hefty.
Reply 3
Direct line are fine with me.

17 year old male who passed his test 2 days before I took out the insurance, you can't get much risker than that. They were the cheapest for me at £1627.

However it seems that certain companies like certain things, I know people who found endsleigh really cheap yet for me they were £13k. Just keep comparing :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by lbsf1
Direct line are fine with me.

17 year old male who passed his test 2 days before I took out the insurance, you can't get much risker than that. They were the cheapest for me at £1627.

However it seems that certain companies like certain things, I know people who found endsleigh really cheap yet for me they were £13k. Just keep comparing :wink:

If u dont mind me asking, Make, model, year of car? Are u main driver or named, where abouts do u live? This isnt with the box right?
Reply 5
Original post by shakerist
If u dont mind me asking, Make, model, year of car? Are u main driver or named, where abouts do u live? This isnt with the box right?

2006 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Freedom 3dr
Main driver insured for 6k miles with my parents as named (insured under social domestic and pleasure however on direct line this covers commuting to a single place of work.)

I live in Surrey/Hampshire border (Lightwater if you want to google map it). And yep its not with the box (no curfews for me) :biggrin:

Hope that helps.
Reply 6
Original post by lbsf1
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Freedom 3dr
Main driver insured for 6k miles with my parents as named (insured under social domestic and pleasure however on direct line this covers commuting to a single place of work.)

I live in Surrey/Hampshire border (Lightwater if you want to google map it). And yep its not with the box (no curfews for me) :biggrin:

Hope that helps.

Amazing price man :P, Box insurance seems the only affordable way for me :frown:, driving within speed limits isnt a problem, its more fuel efficient and safer but what annoys me is that someone can track all my movements, not that im a criminal or anything I just find it annoying :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by shakerist
Amazing price man :P, Box insurance seems the only affordable way for me :frown:, driving within speed limits isnt a problem, its more fuel efficient and safer but what annoys me is that someone can track all my movements, not that im a criminal or anything I just find it annoying :rolleyes:

Try doing a multicar with the rest of your family. I found doing that with admiral was about the same price as what I got with direct line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending