The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahmed15
Guys u know the question about putting in the arrows for the direction for the force, are u sure it wasn't the other way round

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of my friends and I got the same answer as the one in the mark scheme.
Reply 21
Thanks So much. I think I did alright.
Reply 22
For QU. 1e working out the power of the lens I didn't convert the 40 cm to metres and did 1/40 = 0.025 D would I still get one mark?
Reply 23
Original post by HarryRiley88
All of my friends and I got the same answer as the one in the mark scheme.

Cause I did Flemings left hand rule and I got that north to south was from left to right and the current was away from you. So overall it rotates anti clockwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
does any one have da unit 2 physics mark scheme for may 23rd
Reply 25
Original post by ahmed15
Cause I did Flemings left hand rule and I got that north to south was from left to right and the current was away from you. So overall it rotates anti clockwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the question about the hydraulics slave piston. What did u put as the force and reason (bigger, smaller) I said it was larger, mark scheme says smaller. Can u explain it please
Do you guys think 53-55 will get me 80 UMS (What I need for an A* overall)
53-55 will easily be over 80, by a long way. Probably looking at around 94+
Original post by NorwichCityFC
53-55 will easily be over 80, by a long way. Probably looking at around 94+

Nice, thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Quantaˌ

Are you a teacher? If so, can you get me the Biology unit 3 paper off eAQA?
Guys the table question asked for what mechanism controls the light entering the eye ( or something along those lines ) and i'm a 100% sure that it was the iris.
Original post by Candidate724
Guys the table question asked for what mechanism controls the light entering the eye ( or something along those lines ) and i'm a 100% sure that it was the iris.

I agree...
Original post by ahmed15

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah you're right.. The mark scheme shows is as anticlockwise aswell...
Reply 33
Original post by Helena...
For the question about the hydraulics slave piston. What did u put as the force and reason (bigger, smaller) I said it was larger, mark scheme says smaller. Can u explain it please

The force at the bottom slave piston was larger, I rearranged the equation to find it out and I found a larger force was needed. The reason I put was a larger surface area on the slave piston, but I don't know if that is enough to get me the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
For the ray diagram I got the image as magnified (larger) when compared to the object and wrote that down as one of my answers!

I did also get real and inverted but I didn't write inverted as it only asked for two answers:/
hhmm guys, y'know for the ray diagram, what 3 lines are supposed to be drawn?

I draw one parallel from top to lens then refracted through principal focus
and another straight through centre of lens from top of object.
Also drew arrows on these lines
and then i just did the line for the object?
I'm confused....
Reply 36
Original post by king_revision
hhmm guys, y'know for the ray diagram, what 3 lines are supposed to be drawn?

I draw one parallel from top to lens then refracted through principal focus
and another straight through centre of lens from top of object.
Also drew arrows on these lines
and then i just did the line for the object?
I'm confused....

Yh that's fine as long as u indicate exactly where the image is not the object. I labelled it just for good measure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
On the ray diagram, was the lens already drawn??
yes.
Original post by ahmed15
Yh that's fine as long as u indicate exactly where the image is not the object. I labelled it just for good measure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep did that! I got really scared I was missing one then :/ That's one mark that I thought i lost and now I haven't :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending