The Student Room Group

Confused about ALevels?

first of all, i am stuck exactly what to take,
i want to be a biomedical scientist and am thinking of taking the following subjects for alevel:
1.biology
2.chemistry
3.geography
4.maths or physics?
i dont know which of those to take out of maths and physics, im currently getting an a/a* in physics and a b/a in maths, ALSO my sixth form dosent offer philosophy which i would really like to do, it does however offer Religious Studies what are the similarities/differences in these courses?
I really would prefer to take philosophy so is it aloud for a student to take after school courses in a levels? do many facilities offer this?
if i were to take philosophy i would take it in place of geography.
Take the subject you enjoy the most at. As many people who got As and A*s got Es and Us in A level. If you don't enjoy it it's going to be hard to learn it.
For religious studies and philosophy issue, I think you should ask that specific subject teacher in your school about the subject content. I'm assuming that religious studies will have more to learn about different religion beliefs compared to philosophy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
Take the subject you enjoy the most at. As many people who got As and A*s got Es and Us in A level. If you don't enjoy it it's going to be hard to learn it.
For religious studies and philosophy issue, I think you should ask that specific subject teacher in your school about the subject content. I'm assuming that religious studies will have more to learn about different religion beliefs compared to philosophy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou for this, I think i've decided to take chemistry, biology, maths and geography as i feel maths opens up more opportunities than physics and is more suitable for what i want to study, as for the religious studies issue i have just broken up for half term however i looked at the online specification for our exam board and it is very religious beliefs etc, i have decided to wait until results to decide, again thankyou for your help
Is agree with your assessment of the situation that maths will be more useful than physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest