The Student Room Group

Buss4 research notes?

Hey, i'm currently revising for BUSS4, and i thought it might be a good idea to create a thread where people can discuss the research they've found and the best examples of businesses to use in the exam :smile:

I've focused a lot on Apple, Nokia, Barclays and Royal Mail but wondered if
anyone might be able to share some good points about them, or make some other suggestions please? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teacher gave us a list of companies to research;

Glaxosmith Klein, Barclays, Nokia, Kodak, IKEA, Google/Yahoo, Zappos/Amazon and Royal Mail.

Trying to plough through all this research for the exam!
Reply 2
_hj
OP
Thanks I'll have a look at them :smile: I'm really worried about the exam because mines a resit and I'm doing it as an external student so I don't actually have a teacher. My old teacher has offered to help so I've emailed them practice essays but not getting any replies :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _hj
Thanks I'll have a look at them :smile: I'm really worried about the exam because mines a resit and I'm doing it as an external student so I don't actually have a teacher. My old teacher has offered to help so I've emailed them practice essays but not getting any replies :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got any notes for research to sent. Any would be helpful.
Original post by College_Dropout
Zappos, NHS, Nokia and quite a lot on the bullet points.

Thanks mate, was looking to do Nokia, Zappos/Amazon.
Reply 5
_hj
OP

thanks for posting this :smile:
Reply 6

That's a massive help with mine as well! Is there any on section B?
Reply 7
Hey, if anyone would like to exchange research message me, I have some pretty lengthy research on Starbucks, Royal mail, Primark, Comet, Barclays, Apple and Amazon
Original post by J_W-x
Hey, if anyone would like to exchange research message me, I have some pretty lengthy research on Starbucks, Royal mail, Primark, Comet, Barclays, Apple and Amazon

Yh could you send them to me please.
Reply 9
_hj
OP
Original post by J_W-x

Any chance you could send me them please? Really worried about BUSS4 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J_W-x

Hold up, I post research on here and you want to exchange? thanks
Deleted my post with research info, If anyones willing to actually share research material rather than using mine and not posting nothing back than let me know.
Reply 12
Basically people negged me because I was looking for an exchange of research, not just people asking for my research which took time and effort to analyse and giving me nothing in return
Reply 13
_hj
OP
Two people asked for some help. That was the point of this thread. I started it because I'm doing it as an external student so literally had no teaching and struggling to do it by myself. I would happily have shared anything I had that I thought would help if you asked for information on a specific thing like I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
_hj
OP
And no-one 'negged' anyone. Simply asked POLITELY, don't want to share anything, thats fine, but there's no need to be rude about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Gooooood luck everybodayyy
hey do you have any research you could exchange for Buss4, I have quite a lot on Apple and Ryan Air
I would be willing to exchange research, could do with quite abit more.
Deleted my post with research info, If anyones willing to actually share research material rather than using mine and not posting nothing back than let me know.
Original post by Peter_james
I would be willing to exchange research, could do with quite abit more.

That post is 1 year old, i've finished my A-levels.
you don't by any chance still have any of your research saved do you, would be a big help
That post is 1 year old, i've finished my A-levels.

Quick Reply