The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster uni

I've firmed lancaster and love the course but I'm slightly worried about the social life! I don't know if I've made the right decision and don't know whether there will be much nightlife or atmosphere around the uni? Does anyone have any experience at lancaster or any advice? My insurance choice is leeds and I don't know whether to switch and go there instead?
Thankyouu :smile:
Lancaster has plenty of nightlife, don't you worry about that :smile: In fact, for the next Freshers week, there's going to be another UV paint party in my college (had one a few days ago and it was epic), but anyone will be able to come. Societies have nights out, and each college has its own thing, for mine we have 15 hour bar crawls :biggrin:

For a smallish town there are a lot of places to go, and most nights there are student offers in one place or another.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
The nightlife is fine. Each college has it's own bar and buses take you into the city for the clubs. They have their own style and layout so you're bound to find somewhere you like. They also organise nights/days out for their college members e.g. clubs in Preston or holiday balls. Join clubs and societies to attend their socials. The location is what you make of it.
Original post by desdemonata
Lancaster has plenty of nightlife, don't you worry about that :smile: In fact, for the next Freshers week, there's going to be another UV paint party in my college (had one a few days ago and it was epic), but anyone will be able to come. Societies have nights out, and each college has its own thing, for mine we have 15 hour bar crawls :biggrin:

For a smallish town there are a lot of places to go, and most nights there are student offers in one place or another.

Which college is that?! I think I've already decided on Lonsdale so please be that! haha.
Reply 4
Original post by MonsterMorris
Which college is that?! I think I've already decided on Lonsdale so please be that! haha.

It's Furness that does the 15 hour barcrawls, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't join in. They're going to public places so there's not really anything stopping you and your friends from tagging along!

Don't worry about your choice of college: it's only important if you let it be important. The only association I have with mine is that I lived there in first year. I never participated in events with them, in preference for other societies where I actually have something in common with everyone!
You would be surprised how good the night life is at Lancaster. As other people have said, we have 9 colleges, all with their own bars, each college has student execs who arrange events and socials all year long. There are a massive amount of societies available across campus who all do their own things as well, so there is always something going on somewhere. And its commonly forgotten that Lancaster has two universities, so there are a large choice of bars and clubs in the city centre with student nights every night off the week.

Compared to the other unis I have visited friends at, even the ones in city centres, we have a hell of a lot available to us.

Quick Reply

Latest