The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE chemistry 23rd May 2013

Hey guys! How did you guys find this?! I thought it wasn't as good as the Biology paper, but not toooooo bad!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by amberr97
Hey guys! How did you guys find this?! I thought it wasn't as good as the Biology paper, but not toooooo bad!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done the exam Nd my teacher said it was a relatively hard c3 paper, y is there no discussion thread on edexcel gcse science there is loads for AQA , even an unofficial mark scheme
Reply 2
I found it harder than b3 but still think it went pretty well
Reply 3
What did you guys put for the first question. I'm unsure whethe it was h+ ions are h+ and na+ ions
Reply 4
Original post by Follett
What did you guys put for the first question. I'm unsure whethe it was h+ ions are h+ and na+ ions

i put h+
Reply 5
Original post by Powerr97
i put h+

What do U think the mark will be for a C , i only need a decent C for an A overall but i think i screwed up
Reply 6
I did the exam. The exam wasn't too bad, I found it challenging but it wasn't impossible to do.

Do any of you guys remember the questions? Maybe we can make a mark scheme for it.
Reply 7
i put h+

What was the question? I actually forgot. :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by zed963
I did the exam. The exam wasn't too bad, I found it challenging but it wasn't impossible to do.

Do any of you guys remember the questions? Maybe we can make a mark scheme for it.

yeah lets do it
Reply 9
Original post by things4life
What do U think the mark will be for a C , i only need a decent C for an A overall but i think i screwed up

25-28
Reply 10
OMG< IT was so hardd!
25-28

That's really low, I really want to see the paper/markscheme

I really hope its 25-28
Reply 12
HI all, i did a GCSE chemistry exam on c1 for my gcse science core qualification. It was the 23rd may at 9:15. did anybody else do this and did you find it hard?
Reply 13
Not as good as B3, because that was great, but not impossible. I know I forgot the sulphate test on the last question though (it was barium chloride test) but a lot else was hard as well.
Reply 14
what was the answer to why is an alkali left behind ?
what was the answer to why is an alkali left behind ?
because sodium hydroxide forms, hydroxided are alkaline
Reply 16
I also forgot to write the sulphate test - I wrote the one to test for halides!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it quite easy, ask me and questions about the exam I'll tell you.
Reply 18
Not as good as B3, but still thought it was pretty good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Did anyone get 160g for one of the maths questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending