The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Business Studies A293 - AS plc

So this thread is for the GCSE OCR Business Studies exam which was on the 24/05/13.

How did you find it? Share your thoughts here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

It was better than I thought it was going to be!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought it was relatively simple. For whatever reason I messed up on the percentage difference question and I was a bit unsure able the globalisation effects on AS Plc? What did people put for this one?

Thought the 8 markers were kind.
Original post by NorwichCityFC
Thought it was relatively simple. For whatever reason I messed up on the percentage difference question and I was a bit unsure able the globalisation effects on AS Plc? What did people put for this one?

Thought the 8 markers were kind.

I messed up too on the percentage difference one... Oh well! at least it wasn't 4 marks or something.

Loved the 8 markers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought it was surprisingly okay! can't believe there were 3 8 mark questions though hahaha. i think i messed up the percentage difference too.
Reply 5
What was the answer for the percentage question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisC
What was the answer for the percentage question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think someone said at my school it was 200%... Don't quote me on that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah I got the percentage difference wrong, the smart ones said it was 200% :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah it was 200%
Reply 9
Yeah the paper was nice, usually high grade boundaries though. One I struggled on was globalisation (don't know what it means) and monopoly !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgeyG
Yeah the paper was nice, usually high grade boundaries though. One I struggled on was globalisation (don't know what it means) and monopoly !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know where I can get a hold of the paper, or questions ?
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are???
Plus I got 50% for the percentage difference and so did cleaver kids at my school :s-smilie:
According to my teacher the boundaries for an A will be very very low as a result of the ease of the examination

Rumour had it that only 32 marks achieved will definitely gain a grade A and 35 will be a definite A*

However, this is just according to my teacher
Reply 14
Original post by things4life
According to my teacher the boundaries for an A will be very very low as a result of the ease of the examination

Rumour had it that only 32 marks achieved will definitely gain a grade A and 35 will be a definite A*

However, this is just according to my teacher

35 out of 90 no way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgeyG
35 out of 90 no way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's definitely no way it will be that low! Because the exam was easy the grade boundaries will be higher! Making it more difficult to get an A
Original post by Louisabeacon
There's definitely no way it will be that low! Because the exam was easy the grade boundaries will be higher! Making it more difficult to get an A

Hoe many marks for an A do people think it'll be ?
Hoe many marks for an A do people think it'll be ?

66/67

Posted from TSR Mobile

But our teacher thinks it'll be 80, and I thought its usually 72-74.

Where is your prediction coming from ?
But our teacher thinks it'll be 80, and I thought its usually 72-74.

Where is your prediction coming from ?

About 79/90 for an A*
67 for an A

Teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending