The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Film and Media Studies 2014 / Which hall?

Hello,

I've confirmed my place at the Uni of Leicester for 2014 (deferred entry)

I was wondering if anyone has done the same, or if anyone is going t d this course this year?

Also, what halls do current students recommend? :smile:

Zoe
x
Are u study the film and media ???
But, Im 2013 entry. this year, october.

Jacqueline
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hiya I a current first year (going into second) so by the time you come i'll hopefully be in 3rd year. I study media, communications and society so there will be some similar modules. In regards to halls I applied for all the "big" ones - the ones they show you on the open days and got none of them now obviously as you've deferred you won't have this issues you should get first pickings! =D What I would say tho is really think about what you want from halls. First question do you want self catered or catered? How important is having your own bathroom? What is your realistic budge?

In the end I was offered Mary Gee and at first I was horrified! I even considered private halls but after I had a serious think about what was really important to me (do I REALLY need my own bathroom? can I afford over 5000 for halls alone?) I decided to take it and honestly it was the best decision I made! I now have and amazing bunch of friends a mixture of my housemates and neighbors. Money wasn't so much as a stress issues for me and I truly had an amazing year! It really is about the people and what you make of it not where you are! Hope this helps anymore questions feel free to ask. =D
Reply 3
Original post by Jacqueline0930
Are u study the film and media ???
But, Im 2013 entry. this year, october.

Jacqueline

Hello,

Yes, same course, but I'm starting in 2014 :smile:

Zo x
Reply 4
Original post by BeautifullySimple
Hiya I a current first year (going into second) so by the time you come i'll hopefully be in 3rd year. I study media, communications and society so there will be some similar modules. In regards to halls I applied for all the "big" ones - the ones they show you on the open days and got none of them now obviously as you've deferred you won't have this issues you should get first pickings! =D What I would say tho is really think about what you want from halls. First question do you want self catered or catered? How important is having your own bathroom? What is your realistic budge?

In the end I was offered Mary Gee and at first I was horrified! I even considered private halls but after I had a serious think about what was really important to me (do I REALLY need my own bathroom? can I afford over 5000 for halls alone?) I decided to take it and honestly it was the best decision I made! I now have and amazing bunch of friends a mixture of my housemates and neighbors. Money wasn't so much as a stress issues for me and I truly had an amazing year! It really is about the people and what you make of it not where you are! Hope this helps anymore questions feel free to ask. =D

Hello :smile:

Thank you for getting in touch with me,
haha I'm hoping that I do get first pickings! Fell in love with John Foster halls.

I was at Loughborough Uni doing Communications and Media, and was self-catered there, but I'm now tempted to go catered at Leicester. The social aspect of catered seems brilliant, as you meet up each breakfast/dinner, so that appeals to me a lot :smile:

If I think of anything else, i'll be sure to get in touch with you :smile: thanks again!

Zo x
Original post by ZoeMusic
Hello,

Yes, same course, but I'm starting in 2014 :smile:

Zo x

yeah~ but I am 2013. Maybe I can give you any course information for your next year study. haha. Anyway, finally some one interested in this major, cause it's new one, I am afraid no one will notice the new course.
Reply 6
yeah~ but I am 2013. Maybe I can give you any course information for your next year study. haha. Anyway, finally some one interested in this major, cause it's new one, I am afraid no one will notice the new course.

That would be brilliant :smile:
I already kind of have a rough idea of what modules there are for each year,

did you get the latest prospectus for the course on one of the recent opening days?

Are you staying in halls?

Zoe x
That would be brilliant :smile:
I already kind of have a rough idea of what modules there are for each year,

did you get the latest prospectus for the course on one of the recent opening days?

Are you staying in halls?

Zoe x

Well, cause I'm an International student, so now studying for Foundation year, end up in August, so I'm living in Leicester now. I didn't go to the opening day, Cause it's all about the introduction about Uni, and accommodation. But I probably know there are half module for media half for film. I know some friends who are studying Film and Visual Art in Uni, and they gave me certain information about what to expect for film module. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Only 6 months to go now! :smile:

I've applied for my accommodation in John Foster,

Anyone else doing this course?

Zoe x
Reply 9
Well, cause I'm an International student, so now studying for Foundation year, end up in August, so I'm living in Leicester now. I didn't go to the opening day, Cause it's all about the introduction about Uni, and accommodation. But I probably know there are half module for media half for film. I know some friends who are studying Film and Visual Art in Uni, and they gave me certain information about what to expect for film module. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

You must be in your 2nd year now?

How is the course going? Got any tips? :smile:

Zoe
Hi everyone,

I'm going to study Film and Visual Arts, and I'm staying in JF! I'm very excited!:smile:
Hello,

You must be in your 2nd year now?

How is the course going? Got any tips? :smile:

Zoe

Hi, Zoe.
Sorry, I just see your comments. yeah. I'm a second year now. It's quite fun for studying film and visual art. I really enjoy that. This year, we have film production module, which basically is making a short film. Very interesting. Hope that could help you. :smile:
Reply 12
Hi Zoe,

I've applied to Leicester for film and media studies and have got an offer but I'm torn between 3 universities. I was just wondering how you're finding the course modules, accommodation and student life? It's rare to find someone doing the same course I'm interested in

Jyoti

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending