The Student Room Group

85 year old woman arrested after telling muslims to "go back to your own country"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by de_monies
you agree on it's ideals of democracy

Stop destroying English culture!
Original post by Hopple
Armed attack should mean they get there super quick!

No because they have to wait for armed response as they are specially trained officers with the cars/weapons that go through training, depending on where the base is it could take any length of time. Also due to the threatening nature, regular PCs would not go to the scene alone without armed response unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Sad to see that you can be arrested for basically speaking.
So erm basically you don't know anything about Islamic countries. Take Pakistan for instance - pretty much follows a British style (flawed) democracy, but then so is India

Tell me how people going to a mosque is imposing THEIR way of life?

Really? What about Sharia finance. The UK kinda likes that, because well it makes the UK a fair bit of money. Shows how much you know about, well any thing

Of course every country has Sharia finance, it hardly crucial to the economy gambling revenues provide more....and are going to increase once legislation laws are further more relaxed,lol. Your talking about pocket money in contrast to revenues that would be oppressed under islamic law "shows how much you know".

The teachings inside of a mosque are hardly educating people to make a shepherds pie. You can't tell me there are not extremist mosques out there......
I'm a Muslim and I'm as much sadened by the horrific attack as any British citizen. But, the problem is that I'm not white British(not that I hate being brown). Does this gives other British people the right to offend or abuse me, just cos I'm a Muslim, even though I condemn this brutal act??

I know that now when I'll go outside, many people would hate me, why?? I wasn't the one who took part in the killing of the soldier, I don't think it was right. I think it was appalling. Then why am I being affect by this????
Original post by SloaneRanger
The EDL are far bigger than just one individual.....so being racist would have Christians/Jews/Hindu's/Silks and the occasional muslim coming together? To stop radical islam?

Just their response over Wednesdays attack made me despise them further. Who the heck thinks that starting riot and destroying mosques is an appropriate form of behaviour. Trust me, they do not have any kind of support except for people wanting an excuse to act like thugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pane123
Stop destroying English culture!

Oops. Good that I'm not the one saying that English culture is being destroyed then :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by Redolent
If I gathered up a group of people to yell abusive things at you every time you left your house, that's fine right? Just using our right to protest?

What if this group are all Muslims, yelling stuff like, "this is our country now, get out white man!" That's totally okay too right? You wouldn't complain?

Come on, let's see how unbiased you are. Face it, this only bothers you because it conflicts with your tribalist mindset, not because it violates your principles on democracy.

So true, the funny thing was though, that the Muslim patrol people were not even called racist.

'Get out this is a Muslim area!' Not one claim of racism, it was just called extremism.

Now imagine a bunch of white guys harassing Muslim women in burqas screaming 'This is a white area, get out here'.

It would have received 100 x more publicity and been called a 'rise in islamophobia'. We would still be hearing about it today.

Btw, it got no where near as much attention as the 'My tram experience'. Probably because they're not interested in calling non-whites racists I guess.
Reply 68
Oops. Good that I'm not the one saying that English culture is being destroyed then :biggrin:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Reply 69
If I gathered up a group of people to yell abusive things at you every time you left your house, that's fine right? Just using our right to protest?

Ah the good ol' example to induce your emotions and not think logically.

If someone was shouting abuse at me, of course I'd want them to shut up, but that's it, shut up, not to be arrested as that's taking it too far for something pretty trivial.

What if this group are all Muslims, yelling stuff like, "this is our country now, get out white man!" That's totally okay too right? You wouldn't complain?

Nope, no reason to. They have every right to shout that back.

Come on, let's see how unbiased you are. Face it, this only bothers you because it conflicts with your tribalist mindset, not because it violates your principles on democracy.

No, the implications for being arrested for speech crime extends far more than the 'tribalist mindset'.
Reply 70
Sad times
Shes going to die anyway
Original post by DeluxeJ
So true, the funny thing was though, that the Muslim patrol people were not even called racist.

'Get out this is a Muslim area!' Not one claim of racism, it was just called extremism.

Now imagine a bunch of white guys harassing Muslim women in burqas screaming 'This is a white area, get out here'.

It would have received 100 x more publicity and been called a 'rise in islamophobia'. We would still be hearing about it today.

Btw, it got no where near as much attention as the 'My tram experience'. Probably because they're not interested in calling non-whites racists I guess.

There shouldn't be a muslim area.....imagine trying to set up a christian area in say Iran,lol. EDL
Reply 72

I'm fine with that because there are still more non-Muslims than Muslims so they will lose any such civil war if they start one. British tolerance has been stretched almost to its limits at this point I would imagine.

I want their numbers to decline not increase. Yes I am biased but why shouldn't I be? I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise in other countries with similarly (forcibly) changing demographics. This is England not Somalia and I am primarily angry at the politicians for allowing the mass immigration of 3rd worlders with a completely alien culture, making foreign ghettos of our large cities for no good reason, and banning anyone from complaining about it by smearing them as "racist" (any sane country would call it what it is, an invasion).
Reply 73
Original post by Rimmiie
Sad times
Shes going to die anyway

Wut?
Reply 74
shes old so probably confused - there is no native country for islam (unless she wants to ship them to mecca)
Original post by Caribbeantwist
Just their response over Wednesdays attack made me despise them further. Who the heck thinks that starting riot and destroying mosques is an appropriate form of behaviour. Trust me, they do not have any kind of support except for people wanting an excuse to act like thugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have to take the fight to the street, if there are less mosques less opportunity to recruit for attacks against the west - numbers game, it ruins the environment as well. Hence to get planning permission for a mosque is far harder to get then one for a church.
Reply 76
What a huge over-reaction and quite unnecessary of the police to deal with an advanced octogenarian this way. I can hardly believe that a group of husky Muslim men would feel intimidated by an elderly frail woman voicing her understandable anguish over Muslim terrorist atrocities being carried out by three Muslim men in Britain.

Although few indigenous whites would ever be so uncouth or unpleasant to say such things to Muslims resident in Britain, it has certainly crossed my mind on quite a few occasions that the young Muslim men I see around me, could well be plotting acts of terrorism directed against British targets, and that I could be at risk of being blown up.

On several occasions I have felt so scared whilst traveling on public transport, that when I have seen young Muslim men enter the conveyance (bus and tube), I have stepped off.

Until British Muslims cease practicing domestic terrorism, doubtless some people especially those who are elderly and remember a pre-immigrant safe society, will express their fear and anger against Muslims by expressing the wish that they go back to their countries of origin. Rather than calling the police and insisting on arrest for such berhaviour, perhaps the Muslims could have reassured this vulnerable frail old lady that they had no ill will towards her.

Just my thoughts!
Original post by pane123
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I can imagine you writing that comment thinking "****, don't screw this up" :tongue: And no probs. I see the difference between banter with you, and, well, the likes of Deluxe (something) up there
Reply 78
Original post by SloaneRanger
There shouldn't be a muslim area.....imagine trying to set up a christian area in say Iran,lol. EDL

there are christian areas in Iran. bad example
Reply 79
Bit of an over-reaction from the police. I hope they just gave her a lift home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending