The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nmanvi
Ohhhhh you should have said at the start we dont do that in the uk!

Ok long story short you wont be eligible for 2016 entry as you wont be 18. you can apply for 2017 however but if in doubt email the admissions tutors

But I've read there are a few universities that don't require their students to turn 18 before the course starts.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Tanishqa
But I've read there are a few universities that don't require their students to turn 18 before the course starts.

I was referring to imperial as you were asking about their course.
Yea i think you should research more unis that allow you to apply for 2016 entry if thats what you want, good luck :smile:
Original post by nmanvi
I was referring to imperial as you were asking about their course.
Yea i think you should research more unis that allow you to apply for 2016 entry if thats what you want, good luck :smile:

Thanks. Gonna need it. :smile:
Will I still be able to apply to Imperial after retaking a year in A-levels?
Original post by kkboyk
Will I still be able to apply to Imperial after retaking a year in A-levels?

Yes. I did.
Original post by Political Cake
Yes. I did.

Do they ask you about it, or do they just completely ignore it and focus on the grades?
what kind of GCSE grades do imperial look for? would 7 A*s and 3 As suffice? aspiring engineer here :biggrin: taking maths, further maths, physics and german

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, due to start the Physics with Theoretical Physics MSci and want to keep my part time job while there, so was wondering what nights are best for social events/what nights I should try and keep free? Don't really want to miss out on anything but need the money haha
Taking 3 doesn't mean I can't get in, does it? I'm doing maths/further maths/physics A2 after dropping chemistry in the first year, got A's in everything including 300/300 UMS in maths AS - and have 5A*/3A/2 Distinction GCSE results - I have a decent chance don't I, especially if the interview is a success?
(Applying for Physics with Theoretical Physics)
Original post by Garmort
Taking 3 doesn't mean I can't get in, does it? I'm doing maths/further maths/physics A2 after dropping chemistry in the first year, got A's in everything including 300/300 UMS in maths AS - and have 5A*/3A/2 Distinction GCSE results - I have a decent chance don't I, especially if the interview is a success?
(Applying for Physics with Theoretical Physics)

Most people do 3 A levels?
yes you will be fine
Original post by nmanvi
Most people do 3 A levels?
yes you will be fine

Thanks that's fab, just that many said about getting offers for 4 and I got paranoid, excellent!
Does anyone know anything about Ethos, specifically whether you always have to do an orientation?

It suggests on the registration webpage that you do, but then only mentions it in regards to using the gym. But what if I don't want to use the gym at all? I'm just going to want to use the pool occasionally so it would seem kind of pointless to do a gym orientation when I have no intention of ever using it. :s-smilie:
Reply 132
Original post by heidigirl
Does anyone know anything about Ethos, specifically whether you always have to do an orientation?

It suggests on the registration webpage that you do, but then only mentions it in regards to using the gym. But what if I don't want to use the gym at all? I'm just going to want to use the pool occasionally so it would seem kind of pointless to do a gym orientation when I have no intention of ever using it. :s-smilie:

If I remember correctly you don't need to do an orientation to just use the pool. I think I used it a couple of times before doing my gym orientation. You could email them or just pop in and ask when you get there though.

Worst case scenario is that you do need to an orientation, in which case at least it's a one-off fee and you don't have to pay to use the pool after that.
Hello guys. What are the odds of getting into Imperial after being rejected the previous year? Does anyone know anyone that accomplished this feat, maybe?
Does Imperial accept those that are repeating the year?
I received an Ad-Hoc email, could this be a good sign for my application or neutral?
Reply 136
Hi
Just wondering if there is any biochem students at Imperial. What is the lectures and teaching like? What is the feedback like? I am not sure which uni to choose from out of UCL or imperial. Both have given me equal offers.
Thanks
Original post by heidigirl

You don't need to have the orientation to use the pool, completely free to use for students and pretty much always available too! :smile:
Is it all possible to get into Imperial via Extra or Adjustment? The website says no but I heard someone did get in via Adjustment a few years ago...
Reply 139
Original post by whatacrydonnie
Is it all possible to get into Imperial via Extra or Adjustment? The website says no but I heard someone did get in via Adjustment a few years ago...

I think imperial has been in adjustment but very rarely and only for the less competitive courses. I think I heard that biology (or something similar) was in there before. I wouldn't hang all your hopes on adjustment though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending