Reply 40
i feel this could be a close one.
Just so long as you both stay away from my SC seat -_-
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by cl_steele
i feel this could be a close one.
Just so long as you both stay away from my SC seat -_-

We will have to see (Jokes). It would take time to make observations and improvements
Reply 42
Original post by Ry.
We will have to see (Jokes). It would take time to make observations and improvements

I could always use my veto power mwaha :colone:
I don't believe that the Security Council elections are a good idea. We try to emulate the actual UN so I believe the P5/6 members should be kept as they are as they hold the most political and international sway in the world, it doesn't make sense for a smaller, less developed country to hold such an important role.
I like Morgsie's idea of furthering representation but I do believe that the traditional P5/6 members should be kept the same.
Reply 44
Original post by Superunknown17
I don't believe that the Security Council elections are a good idea. We try to emulate the actual UN so I believe the P5/6 members should be kept as they are as they hold the most political and international sway in the world, it doesn't make sense for a smaller, less developed country to hold such an important role.
I like Morgsie's idea of furthering representation but I do believe that the traditional P5/6 members should be kept the same.

Perhaps I wasn't clear... The elections would be for the people who represent the countries, not the countries themselves. Those would stay the same.
This is a very difficult decision. Both candidates have very good manifestos. I do think biannual elections over 3-4 weeks for SC members is a good idea to an extent (excellent for dealing with lack of activity when no reason for it has been given). However, as Superunknown said, it doesn't necessarily represent the actual UN. Although, Qwertish is the only one to pass a resolution this year and I do feel that more resolutions should be encouraged (if necessary/possible) and I have a feeling that Qwertish could help promote that more, especially if given a more serious position.
However, Ry. sounds appealing to me as well since he has gained so much in 3 months and someone relatively new to the MUN gaining a SC place does sound interesting.

A truly tough decision. Best of luck to both of you though! :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by Fool In The Rain
This is a very difficult decision. Both candidates have very good manifestos. I do think biannual elections over 3-4 weeks for SC members is a good idea to an extent (excellent for dealing with lack of activity when no reason for it has been given). However, as Superunknown said, it doesn't necessarily represent the actual UN. Although, Qwertish is the only one to pass a resolution this year and I do feel that more resolutions should be encouraged (if necessary/possible) and I have a feeling that Qwertish could help promote that more, especially if given a more serious position.
However, Ry. sounds appealing to me as well since he has gained so much in 3 months and someone relatively new to the MUN gaining a SC place does sound interesting.

More resolutions out, if you want to take a look :tongue:. One's on improving the Hypes, and has just gone to vote, and the other is on SC reform :smile:
Reply 47

It's great to see your your positivity in both of us, Thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48

But this begs the question, who did thou vote for? :holmes:
But this begs the question, who did thou vote for? :holmes:

That's my little secret :smile:. I might not have voted yet, who knows :tongue:
Reply 50
That's my little secret :smile:. I might not have voted yet, who knows :tongue:

Just for the record RON is always a safe bet, good fellow :wink:
Original post by Qwertish
I want to introduce fixed terms for SC reps. Basically, every six months, all SC seats are put up for election. If a new rep defeats the old rep in the election, they swap seats.

I proposed the very same thing when I was elected to India six months ago, maybe we can work on this resolution together?

Anyway, you have my vote.
Reply 52
Original post by Cheese_Monster
I proposed the very same thing when I was elected to India six months ago, maybe we can work on this resolution together?

Anyway, you have my vote.

Sure, what are your thoughts on the proposal from a few posts ago?
Sure, what are your thoughts on the proposal from a few posts ago?

Aye, I remember agreeing with your proposals way back when, as I do now. Didn't have to work too hard did I ? :wink: If you need anyone to second it as a resolution or charter amendment, then you can count in India (if it needs to be a nation) or me (if it is the participant)..(cbb to check at the minute :tongue:)
Reply 54
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Aye, I remember agreeing with your proposals way back when, as I do now. Didn't have to work too hard did I ? :wink: If you need anyone to second it as a resolution or charter amendment, then you can count in India (if it needs to be a nation) or me (if it is the participant)..(cbb to check at the minute :tongue:)

Good good, I'll write it up after the current two resolutions are done voting.
Reply 55
I still dislike all this talk of ousting SC members, i had to wait over a year for mine having monthly elections will simple cause a cluster ****er within the MuN, besides activity is hardly good ebough at current i mean we have one person having to rep two SC members...
Reply 56
I still dislike all this talk of ousting SC members, i had to wait over a year for mine having monthly elections will simple cause a cluster ****er within the MuN, besides activity is hardly good ebough at current i mean we have one person having to rep two SC members...

Who said anything about monthly? I'm suggesting twice a year... Admittedly activity is rather too low to allow any kind of decent turnout...
Reply 57
Who said anything about monthly? I'm suggesting twice a year... Admittedly activity is rather too low to allow any kind of decent turnout...

i believe someone mentioned it either earlier on this thread or it might have been on another one, possibly chat? about bi monthly elections and it just seemed totally ludicrous, for instance with the recent hyp having one of the major players out [untill i got it for abit :colone:] proved very troublesome and having protracted elections just takes up time that could be better used elsewhere imo

personally i think you just want a permanent seat so you can have some fun with a super power :wink::tongue:
Reply 58
The P5 are not elected IRL so why should there be frequent elections for Permanent members?

So much for being PERMANENT
Reply 59
Not sure on this one....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending