The Student Room Group

WJEC AS IT1 Exam - 3rd June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kate1503
I am resiting this for the second time tomorrow and both other times I have just revised using the book which hasnt worked! so this time I am using the past papers!

I'm exactly the same. This time i've been studying the past papers and old mark schemes a lot. Seems to be helping but i'm still worried.

This exam as well as IT3 will determine whether i can get into Uni so its very important :/
does anyone know how long to spend on each question and exam techinque etc, my teacher hasn't told us anything
Original post by jamescalebsmith
does anyone know how long to spend on each question and exam techinque etc, my teacher hasn't told us anything

Don't work about timings at all! You'll have more than enough time to complete the paper. Just set out answers clearly and logically in full sentences and you'll be fine!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by IHateRevisionOK?
Don't work about timings at all! You'll have more than enough time to complete the paper. Just set out answers clearly and logically in full sentences and you'll be fine!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 for this. Taking time and reading the questions properly is the most important thing. And plan those answers! XD
any ideas for what might come up?
and any key wjec definitions?
Reply 26
Goodluck to everyone sitting this paper tomorrow, as long as you aim for at least 60 out of 80 your good with the coursework at grade A.
HOW DID EVERYONE FIND IT??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
How did people find this exam? I think this was the hardest paper since 2010, :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
SO happy!!! I feel like that was a really good paper, i really like how they split up the 18 marker so it wasnt 6 and 6. However of course the notorious mark scheme could easily give me a crap grade but i feel pleased with the exam. Hope you all found it good! :smile:
It wasn't the nicest of exams!! I think the just-in-time question will have caught a few people off guard! I think It went okay for me! Looked back over previous mark schemes just now and my answers seem to be in line with what they've allowed in the past! Hopefully it'll be a good outcome!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that just-in-time question got me, different have enough to write about it
Reply 32
I was just surprised at the lack of data, information and knowledge, database, network and ICT in healthcare questions.
Original post by Geege_10
I was just surprised at the lack of data, information and knowledge, database, network and ICT in healthcare questions.

Exactly!! And I knew those soo well as well! Not really fair!
Reply 34
Original post by ninah1995162
Exactly!! And I knew those soo well as well! Not really fair!

I know! They have appeared in basically every past exam paper! It was so frustrating it wasn't in this one.

And out of curiosity does anyone know what hatching/rendering is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Geege_10
I know! They have appeared in basically every past exam paper! It was so frustrating it wasn't in this one.

And out of curiosity does anyone know what hatching/rendering is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's choosing and trying out different finishes for the house like colour, styles etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's choosing and trying out different finishes for the house like colour, styles etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, its basically when the architect is trying out different finishes to the design before its built, to see if it is suitable.
Reply 37
For the on-line question, the last of the theory, can you put benefits if an e-commerce?
How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college isn't giving as students there results until Monday however I'm hoping I've got a b or an a? How did you go on? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending