The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 10th June 2013 Thread

How's revision going for you guys?
Reply 1
How times have changed. 3 years I gave thisexam on the 22nd of July.

Sorry this of no help :colondollar:
Reply 2
I always drop marks on the proof questions for some reason and I need full ums on this to make up for the failure that was m2. Best continue the revision...
Reply 3
Anyone know if u need to memorise the conclusive step for the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Also what does n E Z+ mean??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by raheel95
Also what does n E Z+ mean??

Posted from TSR Mobile

N is a set of all positive integers.
Reply 6
When doing newton raphson, if u have a root with interval [2,3], which should u put X0=?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
When doing newton raphson, if u have a root with interval [2,3], which should u put X0=?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they usually tell you what to use and the start value but if not half way between the values, 2.5 in the case, should be fine
Reply 8
Help with this question:
Q8 part a
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Help with this question:
Q8 part a
Posted from TSR Mobile

you basically do B^-1 to the end of each side so i think you end up with X = B A B^-1 because the B and B^1 on the side of X cancel :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by spocklock
I always drop marks on the proof questions for some reason and I need full ums on this to make up for the failure that was m2. Best continue the revision...

Oh yes, same here, I think I got a D or C on that M2 paper, even with lower grade boundaries... Missed out so many questions!

Hopefuly this replacement paper isn't as hard as the M2 replacement paper...
help with this question:
Q8 part a
posted from tsr mobile

XBB^-1=BAB^-1
X=BAB^-1
Use inverse matrices to cancel the B's from the LHS
Reply 12
Hey guys can someone please explain to me how to do question 9 in the examination style paper in the edexcel fp1 textbook.
Reply 13
Original post by Keithius
you basically do B^-1 to the end of each side so i think you end up with X = B A B^-1 because the B and B^1 on the side of X cancel :smile:

Yh thats wot the answer was in the back. But when u have X = B A B^-1, cant u get rid of BB^-1 as it will equal Identity. Thats why i thought the answer was X=A, but that was wrong. Please could u tell me why this is so..

Posted from TSR Mobile
any model answers from arsey yet?
Reply 15
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tp98ri3h0wx5dm/13%20June%20FP1%20UK%20Model.pdf here they are.

Generally thought this went pretty well nothing wrong maybe dropped a couple of marks for not being specific enough on the 2nd part of the matrices but okay in general. Predicting 65 ish for an A.
Reply 16
Original post by spocklock
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tp98ri3h0wx5dm/13%20June%20FP1%20UK%20Model.pdf here they are.

Generally thought this went pretty well nothing wrong maybe dropped a couple of marks for not being specific enough on the 2nd part of the matrices but okay in general. Predicting 65 ish for an A.

I'd say 65 is pretty high. It should be around 62/63 as the co-ordinate geometry question got quite a few people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending