The Student Room Group

Retaking c1 and c2 as modules in a2 year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TenOfThem
EDIT

I guess you did not really want advice

Why did you edit out the long post from the OP after people had responded?

no i did i posted this in the a level forum too and the first post said that i was waffling too much and people wouldnt respond so i cut it as so to get straight to the point.

perhaps you should have looked at the "reason for editing" after where it states it was edited.
Reply 21
Original post by Namige
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/departmentalAdmissionsCriteria2014/economics.aspx

The competition is extremely high. Just look around on their website.

so you're saying my grades + potential grades wont be good enough
Original post by Namige
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/departmentalAdmissionsCriteria2014/economics.aspx

He's not apply for pure economics though. He's applying for a joint degree with philosophy- the entry requirements are different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Namige

yh exactly what revengeissweet said, the requirements for econ+philo degree is AAA with an A in maths

They took 27/267 students in 2011 which is just under 1 for every 10 applicants. So yeah the competish is high but it's high for any LSE course, this one is actually relatively less competivie most are like 1 in 13-16.

Anyway I think with my grades and granted I can get good C1 C2 retake scores to get an A in maths I don't see why it is so "unlikely" I could get in for LSE buddy.
Reply 24
If you put in the hard work and make sure you get that A* in Maths then there's no reason why you won't be able to get into LSE.
Reply 25
Original post by Dilzo999
If you put in the hard work and make sure you get that A* in Maths then there's no reason why you won't be able to get into LSE.

A is the requirement for the course I want tho?
Reply 26
Original post by GrandMasterChe
A is the requirement for the course I want tho?

True but if there's someone applying for the same course and they've got an A* who do you think they'll pick? It's better to aim straight for the top so you have a better chance of getting in. LSE is a tough Uni to get into.
Reply 27
True but if there's someone applying for the same course and they've got an A* who do you think they'll pick? It's better to aim straight for the top so you have a better chance of getting in. LSE is a tough Uni to get into.

Yeah fair play. I'll aim for that but tbh I have a stronger chance of getting A star in Lit and/or RS
I'm retaking c2 and d1 from AS maths on top of c4 c3 and d2.. any tips? i am struggling and i really wish i didn't pick maths!!!!! pressure from parents but yeah i got U for c2 so bringing that up to at least a B is going to be hard as well as doing A2. argh HATEE my life and i don't even need Maths for what i wanna do at uni
Reply 29
Original post by prettyugly
I'm retaking c2 and d1 from AS maths on top of c4 c3 and d2.. any tips? i am struggling and i really wish i didn't pick maths!!!!! pressure from parents but yeah i got U for c2 so bringing that up to at least a B is going to be hard as well as doing A2. argh HATEE my life and i don't even need Maths for what i wanna do at uni

Doing core 3+4 will substantially improve your algebra and basically covers everything in C2 apart from geometric progressions so there's no need to worry about retaking it. However for D1 I'm not completely sure what overlaps and to be honest I hated D1 and I'm glad I'm not doing it anymore.
Doing core 3+4 will substantially improve your algebra and basically covers everything in C2 apart from geometric progressions so there's no need to worry about retaking it. However for D1 I'm not completely sure what overlaps and to be honest I hated D1 and I'm glad I'm not doing it anymore.

School are saying for me to retake c2 so yeah and decision maths is a killer because it's so easy to lose marks. Have you done alevel maths?
Reply 31
Original post by prettyugly
School are saying for me to retake c2 so yeah and decision maths is a killer because it's so easy to lose marks. Have you done alevel maths?

Kinda still need to take the C3+4 exam though I've already learnt the topics and I'm also doing Further maths.
Kinda still need to take the C3+4 exam though I've already learnt the topics and I'm also doing Further maths.

oh wow bright one :P

Quick Reply

Latest