The Student Room Group

The 'I am going to do better next year' thread

So who is itching to start the new academic year already? I finished my exams nearly a week ago and I can already tell that the results are going to be a disappointment. I knew the content, I revised but once the exams came I made one or two HUGE mistakes in nearly every exam which have cost me a lot of marks :angry:. I'll admit though that I was pretty lazy throughout the year but once exam season came I was revising pretty constantly. But I panicked in the exams for some reason. I'll be lucky to scrape a 2;1 at this point [I probably won't] but that's a huge step down from the first I got in my first year. I know that I can do much better and I, for one, absolutely cannot wait for the new year to start so I can go all ham up on my degree. I'm more motivated than ever to prove to myself that I can do miles better than the results of this year. I just cannot wait to tear it all up now.

Anyone else motivated like this, expecting/having gotten disappointing results this year? Let's share our stories.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I should really join this thread :colondollar:
I'm actually looking forward for the next year
I pretty much had to transfer schools in the middle of my exams and self teach myself all these different science modules. I think I scraped about a B if I'm lucky, but it's definitely given me motivation to do better for the next year.
Reply 3
Def. I think it's kinda funny, Last week i was brain dead, literally exams were taking the life out of me and today, having nothing to do made me weirdly realise how I actually want to revise. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely, if i get my grades this year I'll be in uni. A huge step up, so need do do better
Reply 5
my first two years of university were riddled with average grades but this year i really got stuck in, i don't know what my grades are yet but my first term saw me getting second best marks out of my class, really goes to show how much putting the work in can make a difference, i'm itching for next year purely because it's my last haha!!
Reply 6
I really can't wait for the A2 year now. I've also finished all my exams and can't help thinking I could have made so much more of an effort with revision and all of my exams. I'm dreading results day already and can probably see myself retaking them :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
It's comforting to see that there are others in the same position which was the whole point of this tread. We're all gonna make it. We will fight till the end and we will not go down without a fight. Let's keep each other motivated through the year. We're all gonna achieve our targets if we put in the efforts we will reap the fruits of our labour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending