The Student Room Group

Syria rebel interview, outright Islamic fascism

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cl_steele
Iran maybe... Russia does have semi and genuine causes to be sending weapons
a] they have prexisting and active arms contracs
b] if they keep sending them advanced AA and ASM systems the western forces arent going to go near Syria with a barge pole... i doubt the americans would be amused seeing aircraft worth hundredss of millions of dollars blown out of the sky or an aircraft carrier being sunk by an ASM, am i right? What theyre do may well be killing syrian in the short run but i believe it may well help in the long run and prevent further killing when someone like israel, europe or america decides to go in with the carpet bombing etc.

What really interests me about this conflict is that even without the "foreign intervention by the international community", the majority of people fighting in Syria these days are not even Syrian! The Syrian Air Force does conduct operations but a lot of fighting is by Hezbollah and Iraqi militia and the Basij vs. Sunnis and non-muslims from all around the middle east and Europe. My understanding is that America is training some opposition fighters in Jordan.

Well I dont want to see foreign intervention in Syria (none of our business and plus both sides commit crimes). Israel bombed weapons heading to Hezbollah as its illegal for Hezbollah to re-arm under resolution 1701, but dont think they aim for regime change.
Reply 21
Original post by Th1rdeyeIL
What really interests me about this conflict is that even without the "foreign intervention by the international community", the majority of people fighting in Syria these days are not even Syrian! The Syrian Air Force does conduct operations but a lot of fighting is by Hezbollah and Iraqi militia and the Basij vs. Sunnis and non-muslims from all around the middle east and Europe. My understanding is that America is training some opposition fighters in Jordan.

Well I dont want to see foreign intervention in Syria (none of our business and plus both sides commit crimes). Israel bombed weapons heading to Hezbollah as its illegal for Hezbollah to re-arm under resolution 1701, but dont think they aim for regime change.

It sounds like the damn cold war all over againthebiggerpowersfightingtheir wars through proxy, its a disgrace and the bombed the crack de chavlier!!! [almost certainly spelt wrong so sorry] :tongue:
God forbid any of these people come to this country, oh wait....

Quick Reply

Latest