The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nerd2
Was on a brilliant run! Jus needed Sri Lanka (@1.53) to win for £163, but no, they go and ****ing bottle it against England!

I just had a small interest on it had £20 on at 6/4, thought they were gonna lose England, but I rated Hales at Nottinghamshire and he's done well at the Big Bash. Pakistan are my team on the Outright, just liked the price.
Original post by SloaneRanger
I just had a small interest on it had £20 on at 6/4, thought they were gonna lose England, but I rated Hales at Nottinghamshire and he's done well at the Big Bash. Pakistan are my team on the Outright, just liked the price.

I think it's between Sri Lanka and Aus, despite their losses.

EDIT: Aus are 5/1 with Ladbrokes, who are offering 1/2 odds for 1, 2. This is still a good bet as far as I'm concerned.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pane123
I think it's between Sri Lanka and Aus, despite their losses.

EDIT: Aus are 5/1 with Ladbrokes, who are offering 1/2 odds for 1, 2. This is still a good bet as far as I'm concerned.

Like Australia...but I took Pakistan when they lost the first game. Just thought they would make the semi finals, seeing they have a decent bowling attack and the batting is alright, when it gets going. I can't see India winning it though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Like Australia...but I took Pakistan when they lost the first game. Just thought they would make the semi finals, seeing they have a decent bowling attack and the batting is alright, when it gets going. I can't see India winning it though.

It will be interesting. Netherlands really should have beaten SA today!
Original post by pane123
It will be interesting. Netherlands really should have beaten SA today!

I saw that result and thought wtf, they were a 1/20 shot South Africa, didn't look that way reading the scorecard. Be interesting the rest of the tournament.
Reply 4525

Why not?
Original post by DH1'
Why not?

Inconsistant, bowling isn't credible enough, there isn't someone that stands out.
Reply 4527
So, I bet £60 on Berdych 2-1 @3.25, Dolgopolov is one point away from winning the second set, but does it he win it, no of course not, he's throws it away, loses the tie break, to lose 2-0.

Then I back £50 on Nadal 2-0, but he loses the first set.

Although I'm up £350 for the year, these bad runs are frustrating as ****
Reply 4528
Inconsistant, bowling isn't credible enough, there isn't someone that stands out.

Bowling has been very impressive in this tournament. Mishra being one of the stars. Kohli stands out doesn't he? They haven't even got out of first gear yet. Hardly had to use their biggest hitter in Dhoni. Imagine when their batting all clicks with Yuvraj hitting form and Dhoni blasting it all out the park. Can't see a sub-continent side not winning this to be honest

Original post by Nerd2
So, I bet £60 on Berdych 2-1 @3.25, Dolgopolov is one point away from winning the second set, but does it he win it, no of course not, he's throws it away, loses the tie break, to lose 2-0.

Then I back £50 on Nadal 2-0, but he loses the first set.

Although I'm up £350 for the year, these bad runs are frustrating as ****

What were the odds on Nadal 2-0 ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DH1'
Bowling has been very impressive in this tournament. Mishra being one of the stars. Kohli stands out doesn't he? They haven't even got out of first gear yet. Hardly had to use their biggest hitter in Dhoni. Imagine when their batting all clicks with Yuvraj hitting form and Dhoni blasting it all out the park. Can't see a sub-continent side not winning this to be honest

I wouldn't bet them against Bangladesh, I hope you watched the Windies game, Darren Sammy = Genius.
Reply 4530
I wouldn't bet them against Bangladesh, I hope you watched the Windies game, Darren Sammy = Genius.

Yeah had a bet on West Indies in this one. Australia's bowling is hopeless, and said it earlier. Proven to be their downfall, along with the top 3 failing. West Indies vs Pakistan to decide the second semi finalist then.
Reply 4531
Original post by DH1'

Low, like 1.40, Nadal was looking to comfortable throughout the tournament, didn't think he would drop a set against Raonic. Although Raonic had been playing well, was a silly bet in all honesty (no value), but was annoyed when it lost after Nadal shockingly dropped the first set.
Original post by DH1'
Yeah had a bet on West Indies in this one. Australia's bowling is hopeless, and said it earlier. Proven to be their downfall, along with the top 3 failing. West Indies vs Pakistan to decide the second semi finalist then.

It be Pakistan, spin will be the deciding factor.Pakistan has some really good hitters, through out the lineup, no Pollard for the West Indies is big.
Reply 4533
Betvic Hamilton 15-8,FC united 11-10, Shrews to be bottom 11-4 6 pounds
Reply 4534
PADDY POWER Dundee 8-13,Braintree 12-1/Gateshead 14-1/Alfreton 8-1/Cambridge 9-4 to be promoted Aberdeen 1-2/Motherwell2-1 wout Celtic Arbroath to be bottom 8 bets at 4 pounds
Stay away from championship/league 1 teams and never bet 2.5 over on any of their games

Champions League,Euro's,World Cup are the best times to bet

easy money
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4536
Original post by Thugnificent.
Stay away from championship/league 1 teams and never bet 2.5 over on any of their games

Champions League,Euro's,World Cup are the best times to bet

easy money

Does that mean that you should NOT stay away from the Premiership or league 2!?(I would agree about league 2.) How many years stats are you going by?I agree that big tournaments can be profitable ...but only by betting in running on the top scorer markets.I doubt that its easy to make money from the Champions League(edit to say apart from using betfair where yes a profit can certainly be made by betting on the long-term markets in running) except,once again,from the top scorer markets.Messi and then Ronaldo have been an integral part of many of my bets for several years.
(edited 10 years ago)
Coral are offering people who sign up, 3/1 (£10 max bet) on bayern to win tonight.

Guaranteed £30?!
It be Pakistan, spin will be the deciding factor.Pakistan has some really good hitters, through out the lineup, no Pollard for the West Indies is big.

Afridi mate, you see how he man-handled bangladesh?
Reply 4539

You on any baseball outrights?

Quick Reply

Latest