The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

This is a thread for people who are betting money, which is for those who are 18 and responsible. It is not legal to gamble below the age of 18, and neither I or TSR condones this or promotes it.

Any tips in this thread are purely opinions and if your are to take any of them then it be at your own risk. Never bet more than you can afford.

.... and may we continue from the last thread, which can be found here :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackf1337
I'm getting updates off of BBC Radio 5 Live. England are having a torrid time. What do New Zealand need to hit in order to win?

There still a 2nd innings after New Zealand bat out there 1st innings this game won't finish till 6/7pm monday evening.
Original post by xxbradkennedyxx
Anybody betting on the copa final tonight? ronaldo anytime real win is 5/4, real win btts is 2/1. both look pretty good to me. Atletico have lost something like the last 9 derbies.

Took Ronaldo FGS at 3/1. Even though it is at the Bernabéu, it will be a different atmosphere to the normal derbies, 30,000 Atlético fans will be singing their hearts out. They are more than capable of pulling off the upset, especially with Falcao in the team.
(edited 10 years ago)
I like Pirates -1.5 tonight, not sure about my other pick.
Is it me or between us on here, we watch pretty much every sporting event on tv,lol......baring a few things. Forget looking at the news for sports results, just come on here.
Reply 5
Original post by SloaneRanger
Is it me or between us on here, we watch pretty much every sporting event on tv,lol......baring a few things. Forget looking at the news for sports results, just come on here.

I was watching table tennis on Eurosport and flicking to the rugby.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Took Ronaldo FGS at 3/1. Even though it is at the Bernabéu, it will be a different atmosphere to the normal derbies, 30,000 Atlético fans will be singing their hearts out. They are more than capable of pulling off the upset, especially with Falcao in the team.

And it lands within 15 mins :coma:
Reply 7
Lol I'm watching the azerenka game right now with the last exorcism on tv, not sure which is worse :L
Original post by ..DT..
Lol I'm watching the azerenka game right now with the last exorcism on tv, not sure which is worse :L

LOL, i went under 8.5 and under 9.5 games thinking azarenka would batter her in the 2nd set...... was absolutely bricking it when she fell apart thought it would be a deep set.....oh wait 6-1 stosur :smile:
btts and ronaldo anytime both in, just need real to wrap up the win now
Reply 10
I lost quite heavily in second set, but then got on stosur when she was hitting at 9/2 a point behind on azerenkas serve at 40-30 and she won making me back quite a bit.

Edit: just got on the cubs in play. Was gonna back them pre-game, odds still similar so jumped it.
atletico saved by the post
Reply 12
Ring up your bookmaker and find out your P&L they will tell you over the telephone, takes 2mins.

Do I have to get it over the phone, can't I get it through chat? William Hill were talking some rubbish on chat about £10 charge for data older than 13weeks, also they wouldn't give me a P&L statement, they just kept saying this information is available in the "My Account" section, but I don't want to go through every single bet, totaling and subtracting, would take me ever.
Original post by ..DT..

The Mets are so bad!!!! They just keep hitting into outs!!
Original post by Nerd2
Do I have to get it over the phone, can't I get it through chat? William Hill were talking some rubbish on chat about £10 charge for data older than 13weeks, also they wouldn't give me a P&L statement, they just kept saying this information is available in the "My Account" section, but I don't want to go through every single bet, totaling and subtracting, would take me ever.

Just do it for the last week or so..... with a calculator doesn't take that long. Its for your own benefit... if you just ask them how much are you up and down you just want to know. Tell them you want to see who your going to be betting with in the immediate future,lol.....so your checking with every bookmaker you bet with what your up or down.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Matt Harvey did not just get his first RBI of the season -_-
The Mets are so bad!!!! They just keep hitting into outs!!

I was thinking of backing Mets, but then realised Harvey is their only good player. Swerve...
Original post by ..DT..
Matt Harvey did not just get his first RBI of the season -_-

LOL, this reaffirms invincibles comments......Matt Harvey is there only good player.
Reply 18
Just do it for the last week or so..... with a calculator doesn't take that long. Its for your own benefit... if you just ask them how much are you up and down you just want to know. Tell them you want to see who your going to be betting with in the immediate future,lol.....so your checking with every bookmaker you bet with what your up or down.

total deposits is 409.00 GBP and 637.85 GBP total withdrawals. I had a much higher profit margin a few months back, but I started to bet stupidly with my winnings, which has meant I am only £200+ in the green at William Hill.
Reply 19
Today I realised how easy it is to stake the amounts that pane was talking about. I staked £160, returned £198.

Scarily I just multiplied it by 365 and it adds up to like 60k o.O

Quick Reply

Latest