The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Are Brunel strict with grades/entry requirements?

Does anyone have any experience with Brunel and missing offers?

I hear that they have a reputation for being lenient but I'm wondering if this is true??

I have an offer to study law in condition of obtaining AAB, but I really feel like I cant get that..

So if anyone has any idea if they're strict or not, that would be great!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tohellwiththis08

I hear that they have a reputation for being lenient but I'm wondering if this is true??

I have an offer to study law in condition of obtaining AAB, but I really feel like I cant get that..

Should be ok, I remember being offered financial maths at roughly 280 ucas point, about 40points below the standard offer and this was during the last year of 3k fees. And others being offered law at Brunel as well.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Oh ok thanks :-)
Reply 3

Wow it's good to finally find someone in the exact same situation as me. I accepted an identical offer to Brunel for law too. I know for a fact I won't meet that offer. I may get a grade or two below but defo not the requirement. I read somewhere that they will be very lenient this year but honestly I don't know. Have you found out any thing new about the leniency of the law faculty?
Original post by naijaboyc
Wow it's good to finally find someone in the exact same situation as me. I accepted an identical offer to Brunel for law too. I know for a fact I won't meet that offer. I may get a grade or two below but defo not the requirement. I read somewhere that they will be very lenient this year but honestly I don't know. Have you found out any thing new about the leniency of the law faculty?

Well I've checked the UCAS website and Law at Brunel is in extra, so there seems to be loads of spaces available.

Hoping that this makes them more lenient towards missing grades?
Reply 5
Well I've checked the UCAS website and Law at Brunel is in extra, so there seems to be loads of spaces available.

Hoping that this makes them more lenient towards missing grades?

Yea I saw that too. It was encouraging but it would be even more encouraging if it showed how many spaces are in extra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Do you mind telling me how to check if there are still spaces available on the course through ucas/extra, please :smile:..I am also hoping to get into brunel, my teacher gave me my grades today which was AAB but I needed AAA for the brunel course, so I need to know if I will have a chance of actually getting in, I was so upset when I got AAB lool
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by nangfx
Do you mind telling me how to check if there are still spaces available on the course through ucas/extra, please :smile:..I am also hoping to get into brunel, my teacher gave me my grades today which was AAB but I needed AAA for the brunel course, so I need to know if I will have a chance of actually getting in, I was so upset when I got AAB lool

Well basically go on the course on ucas for your uni , im sure on the left it has a button to only show courses in extra(clearing) for that uni when you click it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thanks naijaboy, are you nigerian btw cause your name says naijaboy, im Nigerian :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by nangfx
Thanks naijaboy, are you nigerian btw cause your name says naijaboy, im Nigerian :smile:

Aha yeah I am actually. Used to live in Lasgidi(lagos) :smile: . Been livin here for some time tho. What part of Naija you from? Are you applying to Brunel too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by nangfx

Ah sorry I didn'r read your whole post. What subject did u apply for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Im also from lagos lool :O & I applied for broadcast media design & technology, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by nangfx
Im also from lagos lool :O & I applied for broadcast media design & technology, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh kool. Sounds hard lol. How come you got your results early? Ive applied for laww

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Hey
So did you get in then? I'm doing law too and I got ACC and was still accepted
I'm doing history and even though Brunel wanted me to get AAB, I got accepted with a BBC. I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 15
Yeh, brunel is pretty lenient with their grades, I had to get AAB for english lit, yet I got in with BBB.
Original post by Say_NiZam
Hey
So did you get in then? I'm doing law too and I got ACC and was still accepted

You're so lucky! That means I still have hope with predicted grades A*CC?
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
You're so lucky! That means I still have hope with predicted grades A*CC?

Yeah you do :smile: are you going to do law?
No offence but it's Brunel. Yes they will be lenient.
Reply 19
I'm going into Engineering hoping to get into a course with ABB however I think I might get BBC would i get in through clearing.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending