The Student Room Group

Ocr gcse latin help! Set text

Hi,
Latin coming up soon and I was just wondering what is the best way of learning it... other than jsut learning the english which got me a U on my mock... Please help ASAP!!!! Thanks xxxx
Reply 1
Original post by roberts12344
Hi,
Latin coming up soon and I was just wondering what is the best way of learning it... other than jsut learning the english which got me a U on my mock... Please help ASAP!!!! Thanks xxxx

You should have an accurate, literal translation of the texts that you've produced in class, either through translating yourselves or that your teacher has basically given you. In class you should have gone through this to make sure you have notes and understanding that enable you to link your translation to the text and know, essentially, which word is which. Learning the English in isolation isn't good enough - you have to know which word is which in the Latin, too, although obviously the Latin is much harder than anything you've done for unseens.

Read the Latin. Read the English. Read them again. Link the two in your mind so you know which word is which. KEEP READING THEM.

At least half of the questions you will be asked on both the prose and verse papers will be about your ability to translate the passages so you can explain what has happened.
Reply 2
thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending