The Student Room Group

AQA B Psychology PSYB3 & PSYB4

Anyone taking these exams?

What do you think, easy/hard?

Last year I got a B, 152 UMS and need 84 UMS on each paper to get an A overall, does anyone think this is possible and with how much revision? (84 UMS is about 42-45 raw marks out of 60).

DO YOU THINK THIS REQUIRES MUCH REVISION!!!??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Hi, Im taking these exams
Hoping for a B
got a C last year but resat unit 1; 2 weeks ago :smile:

How's Revision going?
Reply 3
Hi I'm in basically the same position as you! I got a B last year but need about 81/82 UMS in these exams.

For me I don't think that It's my how much I've learnt but more that I need to be better with my exam technique! So I've been reading the examiners reports and stuff!
Hope revision is going well
Reply 4
Does anyone have any predictions?
Reply 5
Hi im doing PSYB3 on monday, my teacher hasnt really gave any predictions atal shes just keen on piaget appearing, wbu any predictions?
Reply 6
Original post by Orla369
Hi im doing PSYB3 on monday, my teacher hasnt really gave any predictions atal shes just keen on piaget appearing, wbu any predictions?

My teacher doesn't make predictions either aha! I would love it to be Piaget!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah ano me 2, really hoping theres nothing on bipolar/uni polar doesnt come up find it so hard to learn and write about :smile:
Reply 8
By any chance have u a copy of jan 13 paper?
Reply 9
Original post by repressed
Anyone taking these exams?

What do you think, easy/hard?

Last year I got a B, 152 UMS and need 84 UMS on each paper to get an A overall, does anyone think this is possible and with how much revision? (84 UMS is about 42-45 raw marks out of 60).

DO YOU THINK THIS REQUIRES MUCH REVISION!!!??

You need to revise plenty for these paper, know as many studies as you can.

I wasn't too worried about PSYB3 until about a week before I sat it so I absolutely blitz my notes and it was so worth it because I got an A.

Don't skip anything you think might not come up, for example Siegler, a lot of my classmates didn't revise him in January because there wasn't much to say but he came up!

I've been revising as I've been going along for PSYB4 but I only need 55 UMS roughly so I'm not worrying too much about it!

Hope your revision is going well! :smile:
Reply 10
anyone got any predictions for PSYB3 on monday!? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by chandniv
anyone got any predictions for PSYB3 on monday!? :smile:

Do you do Forensic Psychology? I think one of the explanations for criminal behaviour is going to be the essay in that section as that hasn't come up in a very long time. Treatments came up this January so it has to be explanations. I really hope Eysenck's explanation doesn't come up though, not really comfortable with his theory.
Reply 12
Original post by Orla369
By any chance have u a copy of jan 13 paper?

I have the print out of the questions for the Cognitive, Schizophrenia and Mood disorders and Forensic Psychology sections. Do you do any of them?
Reply 13
Hey nope I do cog development, substance abuse and mood disorders! Anyone got any predictions about those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alia223
I have the print out of the questions for the Cognitive, Schizophrenia and Mood disorders and Forensic Psychology sections. Do you do any of them?

please please can I have those???? :biggrin:DD xx
Hey nope I do cog development, substance abuse and mood disorders! Anyone got any predictions about those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

she just said she has cog and schizophrenia and mood disorders
Reply 16
Yeah sure. What questions are they? Thank u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by orihime-lover
please please can I have those???? :biggrin:DD xx

Topic: Cognitive Development

05 Briefly describe one study in which Siegler investigated children's problem-solving strategies. In your answer, you should describe the method Siegler used and state what he concluded on the basis on his findings (3 marks)

06 Briefly explain one strength of the information processing approach to children's cognition (2 marks)

07 A psychologist studying scaffolding decides to carry out an experiment to test the following hypothesis:

'Children who receive scaffolding perform significantly better on jigsaw puzzles than children who do not receive scaffolding.'

Choose an experimental design that the psychologist could use to test this hypothesis. Explain how this design would be used. You should also identify the independent variable and the dependent variable. (3 marks)

08 Outline Piaget's explanation of the processes involved in schema development. Discuss this explanation. Refer to examples of schema development in your answer. (12 marks)

Topic: Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders

17 Explain how family dysfunction might be involved in schizophrenia. Refer to one or more types of family dysfunction in your answer. (4 marks)

18 Outline and briefly evaluate one study in which a form of psychotherapy was used to treat schizophrenia (4 marks)

19 Belinda has depression. She is interviewed about her feeling by a psychologist. An extract from the interview is as follows:

"Perhaps I feel guilty about my parents and how I could have behaved better. At the same time, I am angry with them. I feel it was my fault that they got divorced in the end. My father was a serious depressive. I remember him being miserable for days on end and no-one could cheer him up. Now I feel just hopeless and my own life is a disaster."

Outline and evaluate two explanations for mood disorders. Refer to Belinda's comments in your answer. (12 marks)

Topic: Forensic Psychology

28 Outline one biological explanation for offending (2 marks)

29 Outline what is meant by the typology approach to offender profiling (2 marks)

30 Briefly evaluate the typology approach to offender profiling. Refer to two issues in your answer (4 marks)

31 Experts have different views about how to deal with recidivism. Some believe that custodial sentencing is the best way of reducing re-offending; others think that prison may not be the solution and that there are better alternatives. There is also much debate about whether treatment programmes reduce re-offending.

Discuss ways of dealing with the problem of recidivism. Refer to the views outlined above in your answer. (12 marks)
Reply 18
Yeah sure. What questions are they? Thank u

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just posted the questions up on this thread, check it out! =)
Original post by Alia223
Topic: Cognitive Development

05 Briefly describe one study in which Siegler investigated children's problem-solving strategies. In your answer, you should describe the method Siegler used and state what he concluded on the basis on his findings (3 marks)

06 Briefly explain one strength of the information processing approach to children's cognition (2 marks)

07 A psychologist studying scaffolding decides to carry out an experiment to test the following hypothesis:

'Children who receive scaffolding perform significantly better on jigsaw puzzles than children who do not receive scaffolding.'

Choose an experimental design that the psychologist could use to test this hypothesis. Explain how this design would be used. You should also identify the independent variable and the dependent variable. (3 marks)

08 Outline Piaget's explanation of the processes involved in schema development. Discuss this explanation. Refer to examples of schema development in your answer. (12 marks)

Topic: Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders

17 Explain how family dysfunction might be involved in schizophrenia. Refer to one or more types of family dysfunction in your answer. (4 marks)

18 Outline and briefly evaluate one study in which a form of psychotherapy was used to treat schizophrenia (4 marks)

19 Belinda has depression. She is interviewed about her feeling by a psychologist. An extract from the interview is as follows:

"Perhaps I feel guilty about my parents and how I could have behaved better. At the same time, I am angry with them. I feel it was my fault that they got divorced in the end. My father was a serious depressive. I remember him being miserable for days on end and no-one could cheer him up. Now I feel just hopeless and my own life is a disaster."

Outline and evaluate two explanations for mood disorders. Refer to Belinda's comments in your answer. (12 marks)

Topic: Forensic Psychology

28 Outline one biological explanation for offending (2 marks)

29 Outline what is meant by the typology approach to offender profiling (2 marks)

30 Briefly evaluate the typology approach to offender profiling. Refer to two issues in your answer (4 marks)

31 Experts have different views about how to deal with recidivism. Some believe that custodial sentencing is the best way of reducing re-offending; others think that prison may not be the solution and that there are better alternatives. There is also much debate about whether treatment programmes reduce re-offending.

Discuss ways of dealing with the problem of recidivism. Refer to the views outlined above in your answer. (12 marks)

You're an absolute star !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending