The Student Room Group

3rd Year Loan Reduction

Hi all,

While I'm aware that the maintenance is lower in third year, mine is going from £4977 to £3360 which is a massive £1600 reduction! Talking to my housemates their loan has only gone down by the few hundred pounds so I'm scared there's something wrong! I checked over my application but it all seems correct.

Is £3360 the not-considering-income amount and something's wrong with my application? So far as I'm aware my parental income isn't much higher than the previous year. Has anyone else had a loan reduction like this?

Just for clarity I'm in the old 3k fee band. Any advice welcome!
Reply 1
Original post by 04ghicks
Hi all,

While I'm aware that the maintenance is lower in third year, mine is going from £4977 to £3360 which is a massive £1600 reduction! Talking to my housemates their loan has only gone down by the few hundred pounds so I'm scared there's something wrong! I checked over my application but it all seems correct.

Is £3360 the not-considering-income amount and something's wrong with my application? So far as I'm aware my parental income isn't much higher than the previous year. Has anyone else had a loan reduction like this?

Just for clarity I'm in the old 3k fee band. Any advice welcome!

the figure you have quoted is the non income assessed ammount, when your parents have confirmed their details then it should go back up. i got about the same as you this year (my 2nd) and its only gone down to about £4600 for my 3rd. and for some reason for this years application my dad didn't have to put in his details again but for next years he did. so check your parents have done their bit- they should get an email from student finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending