The Student Room Group

Southampton BM4 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chapper
Hi.I want to apply here amongst others but wondered what my chances are with GCSEs 6A*,5A and AABB at AS (History,Biology,Chemistry and Maths respectively)(I am planning to drop Maths for A2) and should get AAA predicted at A2 for the others.I got a UKCAT of 710.
What are my chances??

Do you mean for the 4 year graduate entry programme? Or the standard 5 year programme? If you mean 5 year you want this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2405132&page=2&p=44327045#post44327045
I am feeling very demoralised having seen some of the UKCAT scores being posted. I really hope that the bright young things will all go flocking to Oxbridge and leave a couple of places for the rest of us... *sigh*....
Original post by Pittawithcheese
I am feeling very demoralised having seen some of the UKCAT scores being posted. I really hope that the bright young things will all go flocking to Oxbridge and leave a couple of places for the rest of us... *sigh*....

How did you do in your UKCAT? Good luck!
Reply 43
I'm aiming to apply for Soton BM4 too! Providing I don't fail miserably with my UKCAT, which seems somewhat likely. Wish me luck!
Original post by bluepanda123
How did you do in your UKCAT? Good luck!

I scored 2790. Comfortably above the cut-off, but I think it unlikely that it will put me in the top 25% of applicants....
Original post by Pittawithcheese
I scored 2790. Comfortably above the cut-off, but I think it unlikely that it will put me in the top 25% of applicants....

They are going to interview 120 candidates and previously there has been a very high candidate to place ratio but we don't know how many will apply with the changes that have been brought in :no:
Original post by BethaneyJ
They are going to interview 120 candidates and previously there has been a very high candidate to place ratio but we don't know how many will apply with the changes that have been brought in :no:

I don't suppose you know how many people applied last year to the BM4 programme? I'm trying to figure out roughly what score would get me into the top 120 but at the moment I'm thinking anything below 3000 is futile!
Original post by MJK91
I don't suppose you know how many people applied last year to the BM4 programme? I'm trying to figure out roughly what score would get me into the top 120 but at the moment I'm thinking anything below 3000 is futile!

Just over 900 (24 applicants per place)
Reply 48
Original post by MJK91

I'm not confident of interview with 3030 to be honest. It feels like quite a gamble, especially considering this is the first year of this system.
Reply 49
surely the people invited to interview won't need a much higher score than those invited to kings etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Sat the UKCAT today and got 2900 overall. Is this good enough for the soton BM4?
Just over 900 (24 applicants per place)

Well that's 13 or so per interview place so not too bad I guess. It's a question of whether I think 2960 would beat 12 other people to that one interview spot, and that's a tough ask. Might have to go with Imperial instead!
I have a total of 2860 in my ukcat and I'm still applying to Southampton even though I'm not very confident that my score will be good enough :colondollar: Don't have that many choices though. Good luck to everyone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think the cut-off will be about 2690 or thereabouts.
Original post by applicant111

How do you reckon that?

That's the basic cut-off at which you'll be rejected outright. In reality there will be a higher cut-off as they've said they're only interviewing from the highest UKCAT score downwards until all places are filled.
no the basic cut-off is 2500. it is on their website.
no the basic cut-off is 2500. it is on their website.

Sorry, misread the message. How can you say the cut-off is what you say it is? I've seen enough 770+ scores to fill up their interview slots already, if they all chose to apply.
Original post by MJK91
Sorry, misread the message. How can you say the cut-off is what you say it is? I've seen enough 770+ scores to fill up their interview slots already, if they all chose to apply.

What he is talking about is the basic cut off - 2500. Anyone who scores below this will not be considered at all.

Edit: I think. lol .
(edited 10 years ago)
What he is talking about is the basic cut off - 2500. Anyone who scores below this will not be considered at all.

Edit: I think. lol .

He said that second. What I wanted to know is where he pulled 2690 as a cut off from... When we know they are working down from top scorers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending