The Student Room Group

accomodation suggestions for PhD visiting student

Hi,

I'm an italian Phd student and I'll spend next year in Southampton, I try to find an accommodation (in the private sector because I can't aplly for halls) but it's very hard to find one that it's passable staying here in Italy... Do you have some suggestions to help me in this search?

Dario
Original post by fonte
Hi,

I'm an italian Phd student and I'll spend next year in Southampton, I try to find an accommodation (in the private sector because I can't aplly for halls) but it's very hard to find one that it's passable staying here in Italy... Do you have some suggestions to help me in this search?

Dario

Hi,

Perhaps you could ask your university's accommodation team to help you find some good places in the private sector?

Best of luck :smile:
Contact some estate agents in the local area, also check out www.rightmove.co.uk - they often list rooms in shared houses.
You could look online (I'm not sure which websites) to try and find people advertising their rooms in house shares - people often take a year out of their degree to study abroad etc. Also there might be a facebook group for rooms/flats in Southampton for students.
Remember that you don't count as a 'reckless student' anymore in terms of renting. You would probably be accepted for 'real' accommodation since they see PhD students as more reliable and mature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending