The Student Room Group

Golden Dawn Greece 2

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

"The fascists are scum - scum of the earth. If you step in something dirty, you don't just say 'how nasty!' - you wipe away every trace of that dirt. We must fight the fascist menace in every way that we possibly can."
- Brian Clough
Original post by swan stardust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3ZUgeQr8MkE
It's such a great shame isn't it?It's really sad,there is a part of the population which actually believes that Golden Dawn should rule the country.It's getting worse and worse..

Are you serious? White European people quiver in shame, they are spat at if they want to represent their own interests, what all other people can have their interests. They are spat at if they want a homeland, when all other people demand a homeland. They are forced to take millions and millions of immigrants from different continents by deliberate policies to counter them (New Labour admitted this Andrew Neither and Mandelson), a BBC which is constantly promoting the beauty of mass immigration and diversity, and a whole system of political correctness, misinformation and scare tactics to keep them from expressing themselves.

And finally some get together and speak out againt this oppression and insanity, and you want to demonise them? Why?

Should we gladly accept our lands being turned into Africa, India or Asia?

Why aren't you dealing with this? Why do you want to deal with the people that object to this?

Its just prejudice against white people, pure and simple, and you making this prejudice might be white, but you have been trained to act against your own people
Original post by anarchism101
"The fascists are scum - scum of the earth. If you step in something dirty, you don't just say 'how nasty!' - you wipe away every trace of that dirt. We must fight the fascist menace in every way that we possibly can."
- Brian Clough

Would be interesting to ask a dumb footballer what a fascist was and see the response. No one seems to know what it is.
Original post by brushlington
Would be interesting to ask a dumb footballer what a fascist was and see the response. No one seems to know what it is.

Are you saying Golden Dawn aren't fascists? Despite the fact that they openly identify as racist and are littered with Neo-Nazism?
Are you saying Golden Dawn aren't fascists? Despite the fact that they openly identify as racist and are littered with Neo-Nazism?

I don't know. I don't personally know them. And I have not seen a good definition of fascism. But I can only think its high time that the European white people started speaking up for their rights. How would you propose that white European people who wanted to speak up for their ethnic and cultural rights and promote a Pan European nationalism and pro-Identitarian movement, market themselves? If you were hypothetically hired by a group of people that wanted to promote this interest, to devise how to market it, how would you do so?
Reply 6
It's not just Golden Dawn, look at Jobbik in Hungary I think, 3rd standing political party there, they are also filled with Neo Nazis etc. It's really unideal but there is no doubt that the Right is on the rise in Europe, the more people see immigrants the more resiliation there will be, especially look at Greece, why is Golden Dawn on the rise? Because of Greece economy, it's was the same thing that happened in Nazi Germany, even in Hungary people are angry because of the economy, it's sad but they'll blame immigrants for it, taking there jobs or taking the countries welfare money, either way it's not looking good for immigrants in Greece, the blacks especially are being targeted, and the Police won't do **** in Greece, infact some of them are members of Golden Dawn or sympathise with them, I feel sorry for people there, my uncle worked as a Pizza man in Greece for 12 years but has now gone to Germany, he had a fear of Golden Dawn, and he to was affected by the unemployment
Reply 7

I am aware that this wasn't directed at me, but I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'm not denying that they are pretty nasty people, but I personally haven't found much to suggest that they are ideologically committed to Nazism or Fascism aside from simply being racist and having members who claim continuity from Nazism.
Original post by Habsburg
I am aware that this wasn't directed at me, but I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'm not denying that they are pretty nasty people, but I personally haven't found much to suggest that they are ideologically committed to Nazism or Fascism aside from simply being racist and having members who claim continuity from Nazism.

They're also militarist, expansionist, viciously anti-gay, etc. OK, they haven't come out and said they want a dictatorship and a police state, but they do wax lyrically and talk about how much they admire the other times that's happened in recent Greek history, like the Metaxas regime and the 1967-74 junta (and do any fascist parties openly say they want a dictatorship while they're trying to win elections?).

The Nazi stuff isn't like the UKIP situation of having a few local council candidates who at some point did some far-right stuff, it's MPs and other leading figures in the party showing open admiration for the Nazis and other fascists.

I agree that the word 'fascist' has been overused in recent times; indeed I think it gives the genuine fascists a shield to hide under, but if we can't say with certainty that Golden Dawn are fascists then we might as well stop using the word altogether.
Reply 9
They're also militarist, expansionist, viciously anti-gay, etc. OK, they haven't come out and said they want a dictatorship and a police state, but they do wax lyrically and talk about how much they admire the other times that's happened in recent Greek history, like the Metaxas regime and the 1967-74 junta (and do any fascist parties openly say they want a dictatorship while they're trying to win elections?).

The Nazi stuff isn't like the UKIP situation of having a few local council candidates who at some point did some far-right stuff, it's MPs and other leading figures in the party showing open admiration for the Nazis and other fascists.

I agree that the word 'fascist' has been overused in recent times; indeed I think it gives the genuine fascists a shield to hide under, but if we can't say with certainty that Golden Dawn are fascists then we might as well stop using the word altogether.

Hmmm, I suppose you're right; they wouldn't exactly be explicit on views which might prove unpopular.

Do you know much about their economics? I try only to use the label 'Fascist' or 'Nazi' if there is some sort of commitment to a Third Positionist economic system. All I could find is something about them telling Greeks to "kill bankers".
Original post by Habsburg
Hmmm, I suppose you're right; they wouldn't exactly be explicit on views which might prove unpopular.

Do you know much about their economics? I try only to use the label 'Fascist' or 'Nazi' if there is some sort of commitment to a Third Positionist economic system. All I could find is something about them telling Greeks to "kill bankers".

True, they don't seem to have a very coherent economic policy. They've sent representatives to anti-G8 protests and they hate the bailout agreement, though it's hard to know whether that's out of actual policy disagreement or just nationalistic reasons.
Reply 11
Original post by Pendulum3
It's not just Golden Dawn, look at Jobbik in Hungary I think, 3rd standing political party there, they are also filled with Neo Nazis etc. It's really unideal but there is no doubt that the Right is on the rise in Europe, the more people see immigrants the more resiliation there will be, especially look at Greece, why is Golden Dawn on the rise? Because of Greece economy, it's was the same thing that happened in Nazi Germany, even in Hungary people are angry because of the economy, it's sad but they'll blame immigrants for it, taking there jobs or taking the countries welfare money, either way it's not looking good for immigrants in Greece, the blacks especially are being targeted, and the Police won't do **** in Greece, infact some of them are members of Golden Dawn or sympathise with them, I feel sorry for people there, my uncle worked as a Pizza man in Greece for 12 years but has now gone to Germany, he had a fear of Golden Dawn, and he to was affected by the unemployment

It is probably more to do with multiculturalism exacerbated by economic woes. Jobbik, for example, believe that their country is being taken over by Jews who pursue a multicultural agenda.
Original post by Martyn*
It is probably more to do with multiculturalism exacerbated by economic woes. Jobbik, for example, believe that their country is being taken over by Jews who pursue a multicultural agenda.

This is a point I was trying to make.
Reply 13
Original post by Martyn*

Are you saying that Jews are not pursuing a multicultural agenda?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
This is a point I was trying to make.

why is Golden Dawn on the rise? Because of Greece economy

I don't think you mention anything about liberalism, Marxism, multiculturalism, etc. But if that's what you meant...
Reply 16
Original post by StMichael
Are you saying that Jews are not pursuing a multicultural agenda?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are indeed strong advocates of it, and in Europe and the UK we are told by politicians that they will be at the forefront of social change throughout the world. The problem is that some people are not willing to accept a new world order.
Original post by Martyn*
I don't think you mention anything about liberalism, Marxism, multiculturalism, etc. But if that's what you meant...

I only used what I knew of Politics and Golden Dawn
Reply 18
Golden Dawn is just another political party which tries to make its way into the parliament by being provocative and by "trying to defend the rights of Greece". They are, probably, just like the rest of the parties which have f****d up everything in Greece by tolerating tax-evasion deliberately and giving civil servant jobs to citizens in order to bribe them for their-and their families' votes so that they'll stay in power longer.

The only difference, is that they want Greece out of the EU. Is that a good or bad option at that time?
Original post by sk327

The only difference, is that they want Greece out of the EU. Is that a good or bad option at that time?

I'd say unless the EU make a big shift (which they won't) then it's inevitable whether it's good or bad. But Golden Dawn don't really have much in the way of economic policy so it's hard to tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending