The Student Room Group

A2 cramming experts- share ur tips

Okay i have been quite stressed and pessimistic about my upcoming A2s which starts next week for over 2 and a 1/2 months now which i have to get at least 2As and 1B in. this has deeply affected my approach to studying unfortunately. Was wondering if successful esp cramming students could share their tips on revising these last few days/weeks. i have OCR History Russia and Commissars on monday, A2 AQA Politics and Economics- ECON3 esp which i dread sooo much. feeling soo unprepared but better late than never to ask
thanks
I've got the OCR history exam on Monday too and what I've done is summarised all of the content of each topic and learnt it off by heart.. It makes answering the longer questions easier to answer. It doesn't take long to learn either because it's so summarised. Hope it's helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Spend a day going through the content and making notes using a textbook or revision guide. Jump on to the mark schemes so you understand the required content for different types of questions. I go through the last 3 years of papers and I find that eventually I memorise a lot of it due to the repetition. This takes a few days and I usually do it just before the exam.

For anyone that studies maths do every single paper you can find.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by rachelphillip(s)
I've got the OCR history exam on Monday too and what I've done is summarised all of the content of each topic and learnt it off by heart.. It makes answering the longer questions easier to answer. It doesn't take long to learn either because it's so summarised. Hope it's helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers guys, how long did it take u to summarise and learn history content? we have 5 topics
I have 4 topics; learnt about 8 questions about the content for each topic.
To be honest I've spent about 30 minutes learning each topic ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369917810.604002.jpg
It looks like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by rachelphillip(s)
I have 4 topics; learnt about 8 questions about the content for each topic.
To be honest I've spent about 30 minutes learning each topic ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369917810.604002.jpg
It looks like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice- thx 4 sharing! trying to condense my topics but through these headings: turning points, false turning points, continuities and changes. goodluck for tomorrow!
Thanks chicken :smile:. You too! And you're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending