The Student Room Group

Is tomorrow the last day to apply for Student Finance?

Is it....???

Not widely discussed in TSR. People will have lost out.
Yes it is, if you want to recieve you maintenance loan/grant by the time your course starts.

I started my application in march ! I kept nagging at my parents to sort it, dad was saying he wouldn't know what to do and was letting mum sort out his bit. But mums been incredibly busy the last few months so hasn't had time to sort it. They eventually did it yesterday!

It was a right faff though. Cos they'd both signed up for when my mum went to uni. But this was over 5 years ago. So neither of them knew their login details and they couldn't re-register. And mums secret question was the name of her first teacher, but she couldn't remember how to spell it !!!! So they had to phone up to sort it out. But they couldn't sort them both out in one call, they had to phone up separately !!

My friends parents have been away for a few weeks and come back today, so they're sorting it out tonight/tomorrow ! cutting it a bit fine if they have any problems !!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Hello, I've applied for Ucas this year, however I'm taking a gap year so won't be starting university in September 2013, I'll instead be starting at September 2014. I would really appreciate your help as I'm wondering if I have to complete my student finance now as I'm not going to Uni for another year and a bit! Thanks a lot!
Original post by Dan1803
Hello, I've applied for Ucas this year, however I'm taking a gap year so won't be starting university in September 2013, I'll instead be starting at September 2014. I would really appreciate your help as I'm wondering if I have to complete my student finance now as I'm not going to Uni for another year and a bit! Thanks a lot!

When I did mine I had two options. To apply for 2012/13 finance (which would be reimbursed, if I had started last september) or 2013/14 finance. There was no option for 2014/15 finance which you would need to apply for, so you must have to apply next spring. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by anony.mouse
When I did mine I had two options. To apply for 2012/13 finance (which would be reimbursed, if I had started last september) or 2013/14 finance. There was no option for 2014/15 finance which you would need to apply for, so you must have to apply next spring. :smile:

Thanks a lot!
Deadline for new students is tomorrow if you want your money on time. The June deadline is for returning students
Original post by hedgemonkey
Is it....???

Yes! i finally got it all sorted last night. Everything that could possibly go wrong did so, which made it take a while haha
Is it....???

No. It's not a deadline. It's a guideline date for new students to be sure your application will process on time for September. You can still submit an application after 31 May. Most applications submitted in June will still process in time for September, it depends how complex your application is.
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
Where are you getting this from? All my emails have said:

That's if you want it on time. if you apply after today, you're not guaranteed to recieve any money at the start of your course. And if you're parents can't/won't help you, then you're a bit stuffed.
Reply 9
Another silly question really.

Do we have to apply every year of the course???
Another silly question really.

Do we have to apply every year of the course???

Yeah, only just sent mine off for third year :smile:

As other people have said about the deadline it's more of just a guideline. If you apply after that time then you might get your money a week or two late.
It doesn't matter if you apply after the deadline, you'll just have slightly less chance of getting your money on time.
Reply 12
Hi guys, so today isnt the deadline for student finance for students taking gap years, I'm currently in my last year of a-level and finishing soon. I will be starting Uni in September 2014. Been very worried about it, so would be great if people can assure me that it isn't the deadline for me today.
Reply 13
If you are starting Uni in September then today is the last day you can apply to be guaranteed to have it for the start of your course. If you apply later you risk not getting it in time :smile: If your not starting until 2014 then you do it next year :biggrin: you can chill !

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Thanks a lot man, appreciate that. +1
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
Where are you getting this from? All my emails have said:

from this email I was sent.

Sent:22 May 2013 10:59:12
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email has been sent by UCAS on behalf of xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx.Please use xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx when replying.

Hi All Just to remind you to complete your application for Student Finance - if you haven't already done so. The deadline is 31st May. Kind regards xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx Student Services.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and are solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email. Emails are susceptible to interference and UCAS accepts neither responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this email nor for its use or misuse or any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any agreement binding on the UCAS group of companies without a UCAS Purchase Order or a correctly authorised contract

UCAS reserves the right to monitor and intercept communications for lawful business purposes.

You can actually apply for student finance up to 9 months after your course starts. The "deadline" for today is to ensure that you receive your finance on time.

Deadline

For full-time students, the deadline for applying is 9 months after the start of the academic year. There’s no deadline for part-time students.

To get your money in time for the start of the 2013 to 2014 academic year you must apply by:

31 May 2013 - new full-time students
28 June 2013 - continuing full-time students

From here
Reply 17
Guys, I've already applied but they emailed me back with some forms to fill in. I wasn't able to do it myself as my printer broke + mum was on holiday. Anyway, she's back today so is this the last day for me to send the form? O.o I've applied but there are some forms I need to complete by hand :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Hi there,
I applied for Student Finance England couple of months ago but at the moment what I hv to do is to send my passport. But I haven't got it with me coz I lost it. So in this case what I should do? Am I still late to get the loan? Ill get my passport back on mid- June for sure

Quick Reply

Latest