The Student Room Group

(DSA- Disabled Student Allowance) has anyone heard back yet ?

Hi i sent of my form ages ago and i haven't heard from them yet? :s-smilie: has anyone got a reply ?
Original post by YouOneDay
Hi i sent of my form ages ago and i haven't heard from them yet? :s-smilie: has anyone got a reply ?

Hi,

I applied back in early February for DSA with my main SFE application. I received my equipment three weeks ago. It took just shy of ten weeks from application sent in, to receiving my support equipment.
Reply 2
Awww I sent my early this month :s-smilie: thanks I guess just have to wait a while
Hi I had my assessment just over a week ago and received the final report yesterday, they have sent this to SFE and have said I should hear from them some time in the next month.
It took about 3 weeks between sending off the origional application and getting a reply. I then made the appointment that day and had the assessment 8 days later.
Not sure why yours seems to be taking so long maybe phone them if you do not hear from them in the next week or so.
Hope this helps.
Reply 4
I applied in March, then phoned up in mid May to ask how long I was going to have to wait and got my eligibility letter a day after that, so phoning up must have helped! I had my needs assessment on Wednesday, so am now just waiting for the report. I'm a bit confused about what it is going to happen after that, because I'm not at uni yet and have a conditional offer. My assessor couldn't really explain it to me either.

Unfortunately I think the whole process does take a long time, but if you're worried I'd recommend ringing up Student Finance like I did. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CharlieBrown90
Hi I had my assessment just over a week ago and received the final report yesterday, they have sent this to SFE and have said I should hear from them some time in the next month.
It took about 3 weeks between sending off the origional application and getting a reply. I then made the appointment that day and had the assessment 8 days later.
Not sure why yours seems to be taking so long maybe phone them if you do not hear from them in the next week or so.
Hope this helps.

Original post by ahnn
I applied in March, then phoned up in mid May to ask how long I was going to have to wait and got my eligibility letter a day after that, so phoning up must have helped! I had my needs assessment on Wednesday, so am now just waiting for the report. I'm a bit confused about what it is going to happen after that, because I'm not at uni yet and have a conditional offer. My assessor couldn't really explain it to me either.

Unfortunately I think the whole process does take a long time, but if you're worried I'd recommend ringing up Student Finance like I did. :smile:

Thanks Guys I think I'll call them just to make sure because I already heard back from student finance and I have verified and sorted all of it out so this is all I'm waiting for now. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I sent mine off and heard a week later, had my appointment a few days after that. Just waiting for the report to be sent in. If you check on safe it states eligible or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've just received my confirmation from SFE stating that they are going to give me the equipment. I'm just wondering whether it would be best for me to order the equipment now or wait until after my exams and after my appointment with disability services at Dundee Uni at the start of July
Original post by beccac3
I've just received my confirmation from SFE stating that they are going to give me the equipment. I'm just wondering whether it would be best for me to order the equipment now or wait until after my exams and after my appointment with disability services at Dundee Uni at the start of July

It should say on you're letter when you need to order it. I was told to order my equipment straight away. However, my place is unconditional, so maybe that is why they gave me the go-ahead to order my equipment.
Reply 9
Wow :awesome: you got an unconditional in what course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YouOneDay
Wow :awesome: you got an unconditional in what course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Software Engineering. I'm going back as a Mature Student :biggrin:.
Reply 11
That's cool :top:
Exceedingly cool :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest