The Student Room Group

Further Education Funding/Loans/Grants Entitlements

Hi All

I am trying to help my girlfriend (aged 23) in finding out what types of funding she may be eligible for. She is beginning a further education course this september at Level 3. I am finding information very difficult to obtain and wondered if anyone with knowledge may be able to help or point me in the right direction? Many Thanks, Rob
Original post by robbiecl
Hi All

I am trying to help my girlfriend (aged 23) in finding out what types of funding she may be eligible for. She is beginning a further education course this september at Level 3. I am finding information very difficult to obtain and wondered if anyone with knowledge may be able to help or point me in the right direction? Many Thanks, Rob

I believe as she is 23 that there is no funding available, apart from the college's own hardship fund which helps people when they are having trouble paying bills etc.

If she waited until the was 24, she would get her course fee's paid by the government by taking out a 24+ learner loan.

There is NO funding available for living costs etc for level 3 courses.
There's no national funding available so look at local level funding from the college. They sometimes have schemes internally to help low income students with their fees, transport or study costs. They may also offer scholarships - my local university paid my second year fees due to my first year results. They will also have an emergency pot of money but you are usually ineligible if you came onto the course _knowing_ that you wouldn't have enough money.

If the college can't help then her only other option is to work and the college may be able to help out with finding her a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending