The Student Room Group

EDL racism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
EDL wanting to build Mosques in Makkah.
[video="youtube;MQVytGOYzig"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQVytGOYzig[/video]

He might just get his wish.

Seriously though, whilst he probably wasn't aware of this fact, he did raise an important issue, Press TV was an extreme propaganda mouthpiece:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_TV_controversies
Original post by Barksy
Labour has its share of idiots. UAF has more than its fair share of idiots. UKIP has its share of idiots. The Lib Dems has its share of idiots etc.

Just because some of the followers are stupid doesn't make the message any less potent.

Islamic extremism is evil and it is here. Something needs to be done. Left wingers burying their heads in the sand because it counters their failed social policy does not count as a valid response.

The other parties don't have leaders comparable to Tony Robinson (a hypocrite)
Original post by College_Dropout
tommy-robinson-paedophile.jpg
They really are idiots.

:lol: What a ****.

Original post by Barksy
Labour has its share of idiots. UAF has more than its fair share of idiots. UKIP has its share of idiots. The Lib Dems has its share of idiots etc.

Just because some of the followers are stupid doesn't make the message any less potent.

Islamic extremism is evil and it is here. Something needs to be done. Left wingers burying their heads in the sand because it counters their failed social policy does not count as a valid response.

The EDL does next to nothing to help the situation. They only worsen it with drunkenness, violence, and racism.
Original post by silverbolt
The EDL probably started off with a genuine idealolgy - protect thier community from extremism - but it got taken over by thugs, chavs and morons.

Couldn't agree more!
Reply 24
Original post by thunder_chunky
The EDL does next to nothing to help the situation. They only worsen it with drunkenness, violence, and racism.

I know it doesn't and it annoys me. They're the only ones who have the balls to protest Islamism but then show themselves up. It just gives left wingers a chance to deflect the issue into their favourite past time of racism.
Original post by Barksy
I know it doesn't and it annoys me. They're the only ones who have the balls to protest Islamism but then show themselves up. It just gives left wingers a chance to deflect the issue into their favourite past time of racism.

They don't really protest Islam they just make derogatory claims and then occasionally put them into chants which they chant at their Rallies in-between chanting "E E EDL" as well as the usual drinking, fighting, and Nazi salutes. It's not just the left wingers that pick up on it either, it's just the lefties the EDL target when replying, or when they try to reply. I don't think many of them are capable of a decent retort.
Reply 26
The EDL are misguided, ignorant and far too extreme but they, in some respects (and don't take this as me supporting them in any way), have a point. I mean, they are ridiculous because many of the members believe that a religion means that you aren't British, even though you can join most religions no matter what race or ethnicity you are and so saying that "muslims should go back to their own country" is a ludicrous utterance as it barely makes sense. As well as this, just because you have a different coloured skin doesn't mean you should "go back to your own country" because, if you are legally in the country, your country is now England.
The only idea that l agree with is the restriction of the Immigration Laws because the current climate is hard as it is and I believe that there should be fewer people entering the UK while it is in this state, however I also believe that the Immigration laws should be changed back once the climate is stable again.
I only tell my opinion as I want to ask, what do you believe should happen in the current climate? Do you follow the extreme views of the EDL or do you believe everything should be left as it is? Lets try and make this a debate
Put it this way, if I was a journalist and I was asked the same questions he asked, I would have given the background, if the interviewer had said this is a news network owned by the Iranian government, some sort of debate could have happened. He is perfectly entitled to ask why this group which has a shady past, had its logo displayed over his town.
Original post by sugar-n-spice
He might just get his wish.

Seriously though, whilst he probably wasn't aware of this fact, he did raise an important issue, Press TV was an extreme propaganda mouthpiece:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_TV_controversies

Some of this I'd agree with BUT tbf people like Douglas Murray aren't the most unbiased of people... I mean the Iranian equivalent of Douglas Murray might call the BBC "propaganda" There's also the fact that the USA put a mentally retarded person on death row (Not press TV related), but it's more "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
Reply 29
Original post by sugar-n-spice
Put it this way, if I was a journalist and I was asked the same questions he asked, I would have given the background, if the interviewer had said this is a news network owned by the Iranian government, some sort of debate could have happened. He is perfectly entitled to ask why this group which has a shady past, had its logo displayed over his town.

So if you were in his shoes, would you also say; "why is your logo all over town"? Lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Kgooding
You can't blame the "scousers", it's nothing to do with just people from Liverpool. The EDL is a group of narrow-minded individuals who believe that foreign people should be rejected from British society, however from the sounds of it you believe that Liverpudlians should be rejected from society. You can't blame people from one part of the country for the problems in the country as a whole, just like you can't blame a religion or a race for the actions of one person. By blaming a type of person, you're becoming as stereotypical as the EDL, you're just not being as radical.

i was only joking about the scousers bit ;p but ye EDL are bunch of ****ing idiots
Reply 31
Original post by Barksy

True it is evil as borris johnson put it "the virus" but how is EDL attacking mosques where innoncent peaceful muslims go to pray a solution? The problem with these racist thugs is they sterotype all muslims as terrorists even though 99% of muslims are peaceful normal british citizens. Fighting extremism with extremism its just bloody stupid
Reply 32
Original post by cuckoo99
i was only joking about the scousers bit ;p but ye EDL are bunch of ****ing idiots

I wouldn't call them "****ing idiots", I'd call them ignorant fools but then again, toe-may-to, toe-mah-to (trying to write that phonetically was harder than expected)
Original post by free to choose
The EDL are hooligans, racist hooligans, they are absolutely despicable.

The left wing UAF are the hooligans. They normally get more of their own arrested than the right wing do.
They are absolutely despicable.
Reply 34
Original post by s24a
I'm muslim and i have to say that there are some thing that Tommy Robinson says that i actually agree with. For example he was on The Big Questions on BBC and one of the first things he said was that "ordinary muslims are the first victims of extremist Islam". I completely agree with that and there are some other things he says such as "some muslims are failing to integrate", which i also agree with because it is evident in places like Luton or London that this is the case.
However his group of EDL supporters paint a different picture. They go to protests and chant about removing every muslim, asian and black person. This is very different from Tommy's first idea which was to remove only Extremist Islam.Hearing about what the members have said does make me think of football hooligans and drunk chavs.

But an original idea of one man can be lost among a group of desperate people. Although he may have started with an understandable and stable idea, his ideas have been lost among the masses as he failed to keep control of them. The EDL is becoming as dangerous as the original extremists who they claim to fight against, making the EDL as much of a terrorist threat as the extremists who go against the state; the only exception being that instead of targeting the state, the EDL are targeting specific groups in society and tarnishing whole religions for the wrongdoings of a select few
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
EDL will save this country, whats wrong with you people wake up and smell the coffee.
Reply 36
Original post by Trent23
EDL will save this country, whats wrong with you people wake up and smell the coffee.

How lol they are a bunch of Fascists "_" we fought a brutal war against Fascism not even a century ago. We shouldnt have to fight another 1
Reply 37
Dont believe everything you read in the paper we are a pieceful group
Reply 38
There's an undeniable thuggish element to the EDL and they're not the sort of people I'd choose to associate with...but the cause they've latched onto is a just one and Tommy Robinson speaks far more sense than your average spineless liblabcon politian. The EDL are standing up to extremisim, standing up to the Islamic bullies who manipulate and abuse vulnerable young women and they're standing up to the sort of people who decapitate British soldiers in broad daylight, yet instead of supporting them the media and a vocal left-wing minoirty brand them wacists and attempt to fight them in the street. It doesn't make sense.
Reply 39
Original post by College_Dropout
tommy-robinson-paedophile.jpg
They really are idiots.

:laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending