The Student Room Group

Personal Compelling Reason?

Hi,

I started a degree at the OU last year. I realised quite early on that I wanted to go onto a brick and mortar university so decided to apply.

I have now firmed an offer and applied for student finance.. but it says I need to provide personal compelling evidence of why I didn't complete the course or risk a delay in my application? I completed the 1st year of the course but not the entire degree.

Would it be best for me to click the "I cannot provide evidence" icon or is it worth me changing it to provide evidence? and writing a letter to explain the circumstances.

Edit: I have only received one year (part time) of Student Finance (<£2000).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by daihats
Hi,

I started a degree at the OU last year. I realised quite early on that I wanted to go onto a brick and mortar university so decided to apply.

I have now firmed an offer and applied for student finance.. but it says I need to provide personal compelling evidence of why I didn't complete the course or risk a delay in my application? I completed the 1st year of the course but not the entire degree.

Would it be best for me to click the "I cannot provide evidence" icon or is it worth me changing it to provide evidence? and writing a letter to explain the circumstances.

Have you spoken to anyone at SF on the phone ?
Reply 2
Not liking the course isn't a compelling personal reason. CPR is things like illness, death of a family member, etc.
Original post by daihats
Hi,

Just tick that you won't be providing evidence, as 'not liking' the course isn't compelling personal reasons :smile:
Original post by daihats
Hi,

Part time doesn't count under the previous study rules unless a qualification was gained. Therefore you don't need to provide CPR evidence at all. The form only asks for details of previous full time study, if you put previous part time study on the form by accident just write a cover letter to say it was part time and they'll take it off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending