The Student Room Group

Lloyds Scholarship Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobilina
I looked at the example, I thought that's all there was too offer.. however i'll give the full one a look now :smile:

Maybe, but i'm going to play it safe and provide them with my CV.

Do you know when they send the numeracy test for us to complete? Thanks :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by lighterthanAyer
Do you know when they send the numeracy test for us to complete? Thanks :tongue:

I got an e-mail about an hour ago
Hi,
I applied yesterday on a whim and got an email at about 4 today asking me to do the numeracy test. It's not something I wanted to stress too much about with revision going on so I did the real test immediately. I then got an email half an hour later saying I passed the test and they'd be in contact about the next stage soon :smile: (As I got this email past office hours i'm guessing it's automated?). I'm quite surprised at the quick turnaround , also I didn't finish all the questions in the numeracy test and had a pretty bleugh CV. Anyone else onto the next stage?
Reply 23
Original post by Csutimano
I just got the email about the scholarship and I was wondering, can I still apply if I won't move to the UK until the start of my course? Because when I apply this question comes up: "Are you a UK or EU citizen who resides in the UK and has applied for support from the Student Loan Company (or equivalent) with a household income of less than £25k?"

If you're eligible for a maintenance loan from student finance england, wales, scotland or northern ireland then yes, other wise no. Your income is as-assessed by them, so if they can't assess you (or you aren't applying for maintenance loans) then you can't apply. (at least according to Edinburgh, who are the only uni to have any info like that on their site)
Original post by Csutimano
I just got the email about the scholarship and I was wondering, can I still apply if I won't move to the UK until the start of my course? Because when I apply this question comes up: "Are you a UK or EU citizen who resides in the UK and has applied for support from the Student Loan Company (or equivalent) with a household income of less than £25k?"

Hopefully you should be eligible, I'm not sure. Maybe it's a question to ask lloyds directly? ...

http://www.lloyds-scholars.com/node/7
Reply 25
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo
Hi,
I applied yesterday on a whim and got an email at about 4 today asking me to do the numeracy test. It's not something I wanted to stress too much about with revision going on so I did the real test immediately. I then got an email half an hour later saying I passed the test and they'd be in contact about the next stage soon :smile: (As I got this email past office hours i'm guessing it's automated?). I'm quite surprised at the quick turnaround , also I didn't finish all the questions in the numeracy test and had a pretty bleugh CV. Anyone else onto the next stage?

I did the same but I tried the practice test first and it seemed quite simple so I just went ahead with the real test and was pretty surprised they got back to me that quickly. My CV isn't very good either and don't really expect getting past this phone interview thing but might as well try :smile:
Original post by Elton
I did the same but I tried the practice test first and it seemed quite simple so I just went ahead with the real test and was pretty surprised they got back to me that quickly. My CV isn't very good either and don't really expect getting past this phone interview thing but might as well try :smile:

Well done. Yeah that's pretty much my outlook too :smile:
Original post by acerspades
I got an e-mail about an hour ago

When did you submit your application? I just got the 'we will be in contact in due course' email :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
When did you submit your application? I just got the 'we will be in contact in due course' email :confused:

I sent it on Monday morning (around 11) and didn't hear anything until I was invited to take the numerical reasoning test at around half five today. I think it just varies depending on when someone looks at your application to approve it.
I sent it on Monday morning (around 11) and didn't hear anything until I was invited to take the numerical reasoning test at around half five today. I think it just varies depending on when someone looks at your application to approve it.

Oh I see... thanks :smile:
Reply 30

Yeah they do, to be fair I think the majority of people will go through to the next stage to complete the Numeracy test. I applied yesterday morning and got an e-mail about 2 hours ago with a link to the test. :smile:
Reply 31
I've passed the numeracy test and the email says they'll "be in touch" to arrange the interview :smile: anyone applying who's going to Edinburgh uni?
Hi,

Did you just submit your CV and nothing extra? Like a few paragraphs or something?
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
Did you just submit your CV and nothing extra? Like a few paragraphs or something?

Just my CV. In it I did have a slightly more detailed volunteering and work experience section which was basically a couple of paragraphs straight out of my personal statement. The rest was just bullet points. :smile:
Reply 34
Hi,

Congrats!

I've just done the test, so let's hope for the best :smile:. Thankfully I finished, however there were a couple I wasn't 100% sure on!
Just my CV. In it I did have a slightly more detailed volunteering and work experience section which was basically a couple of paragraphs straight out of my personal statement. The rest was just bullet points. :smile:

Ah, ok thanks! :smile: Guess I'll have to attempt to write a CV, ohhhh how I wish I bothered to update my one I wrote back in year 11 :frown:
Reply 36
I didn't manage to complete it all lol! How annoying...

I got to question 14 of 18 and ran out of time :-( what i dont understand is it says you will need 30 mins but then in the box next to it you get a time limit of 17 minutes!
Reply 37
Completed the numerical test about 2 hours ago and just got an email to say I was successful. Any ideas when the phone interview will be? Cheers
Reply 38
Original post by murtz14
Completed the numerical test about 2 hours ago and just got an email to say I was successful. Any ideas when the phone interview will be? Cheers

Same here. It was a lot easier than I was expecting given the SHL practice test (not the one they give you, the one on the SHL website), but I only just finished in time.

They e-mail people a list of times I think, and then we pick the one that's best for us? No idea when that happens though - the 2011 thread makes it look like it was right after people passed but thats clearly not true this year.
Reply 39
Same here. It was a lot easier than I was expecting given the SHL practice test (not the one they give you, the one on the SHL website), but I only just finished in time.

They e-mail people a list of times I think, and then we pick the one that's best for us? No idea when that happens though - the 2011 thread makes it look like it was right after people passed but thats clearly not true this year.

I've also passed, wooop :tongue:

I noticed that it said on the test sheet that the deadline was in August, even though they said I had 7 days to complete it. So i'm assuming they drag the process out quite a bit? then again they pretty much said it was first come first served so not sure!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending