The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Missed accommodation

I have only just realised the accommodation has been open for 2-3 days and am in a frantic scramble to try and salvage somewhere to live. I have not been on the computer for a week as I have been revising for exams coming up shortly and have completely missed it.

I wanted self-catered ensuite, but that looks completely out of the question. All I have been able to do is put in preferences and hope for the best. I know I've been an idiot, but has anyone got any suggestions of what I should do next? Thanks.

edit: If it helps, I am doing History/English.
Original post by hawkward
I have only just realised the accommodation has been open for 2-3 days and am in a frantic scramble to try and salvage somewhere to live. I have not been on the computer for a week as I have been revising for exams coming up shortly and have completely missed it.

I wanted self-catered ensuite, but that looks completely out of the question. All I have been able to do is put in preferences and hope for the best. I know I've been an idiot, but has anyone got any suggestions of what I should do next? Thanks.

edit: If it helps, I am doing History/English.

If Loughborough's your firm choice, then preferences should get you a decent room. You may not get self-catered en-suite (although there's still a chance), but there's nothing wrong with self-catered standard.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
At this point i'm just hoping for somewhere on campus

Its more the other end of the scale i'm worried about- ending up with really expensive rooms as my only options! Fingers crossed... thanks
Original post by hawkward
At this point i'm just hoping for somewhere on campus

Its more the other end of the scale i'm worried about- ending up with really expensive rooms as my only options! Fingers crossed... thanks

Harry French or Bill Mo could be a good option then, both just off campus (Bill Mo barely off campus) and relatively inexpensive.
Reply 4
Falk Egg usually doesn't run out of spaces because of the fact it's budget, the halls are downsizing this year but we'll fit you in there I'm sure.
Though it isn't ensuite.
None of the accommodation is of a low standard. Almost all of the halls have been refurbished or rebuilt within the last 10 years. The only exception to this is probably Chestnut, Oak and Cedar Lodges in Harry French, which is where I lived last year, and even then it's not bad at all, as they were only built in the 90's. The only thing you really need to worry about is being catered or not. And it's rare that firm-choice applicants are given what they don't want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending