The Student Room Group

Help!!!! Need some motivation!!!

SO, I have my GCSEs coming up in like 2 weeks, and I sit here procrastinating my time away... I just can't study at all (have done a lot, but I can't seem to do anymore)

Someone please help? Any stories, anything?
Cause I bet I'm not the only one like this ://
I'm just the same :redface: been on study leave for 4 weeks and totally lost my motivation for studying. I have one exam left on Monday. I find if you just turn everything off (tv, phone, Internet etc) and just start you will gain motivation to study :smile:
Reply 2
You Know Mums and Dads and sisters and brothers make good motivation if you are really struggling. ask them for help and study with them or give them you phone, laptop, xbox, book ect anythink you would rather be doing and tell them not to give you it untill you have completed 1 hour or so of studying. That way you have something to look fawrard to afterwards.
I found that if I left the stuff I wanted to do some where I could easily get to it then I would do that instead of study.
Or you could study with a friend, it makes it fun and more intresting.
Im sure you will do fine in your exams
Study outside if it is nice :smile:
Sometimes I turn off my phone, tv, computer so I have no distractions. I'm failing badly. Haven't done anything today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Make plans to reward yourself. It's good to have a day, or even just an afternoon off revision completely. Not only does it give your mind a rest, it gives you an incentive to work, something to look forward too.
Reply 5
Original post by anna1334
You Know Mums and Dads and sisters and brothers make good motivation if you are really struggling. ask them for help and study with them or give them you phone, laptop, xbox, book ect anythink you would rather be doing and tell them not to give you it untill you have completed 1 hour or so of studying. That way you have something to look fawrard to afterwards.
I found that if I left the stuff I wanted to do some where I could easily get to it then I would do that instead of study.
Or you could study with a friend, it makes it fun and more intresting.
Im sure you will do fine in your exams
Study outside if it is nice :smile:

Thanks I will try that!!
I think I may just tie myself to my chair with some rope... Though it could be awkward if someone walked in and thought I was being harassed lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest