The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Politics Units 1,2 & 3 revision notes...

Ok, since so many people have been sending me messages asking for my AS Politics notes, I thought it would just be easier to attach them on here!

I'm not claiming that you should definitely use them, or that they are the best revision notes ever, just that they might help (or might not). They're the ones I used last year and I managed to cope in the exams.

If you look at them and don't understand something I've written or one of my stupid abbreviations or something feel free to ask!

So enjoy :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanx that was really helpful :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks helps a lot
Reply 3
U R Awesome! #end!
Reply 4
These notes are bril.
They must have taken you a very long time indeed.

What module marks did you get for politics mellowyellow?
i wish i had these when i started revising!
which was yesterday, haha oops.

thanks!
Reply 6
Epicurus
These notes are bril.
They must have taken you a very long time indeed.

What module marks did you get for politics mellowyellow?

Got full marks for Unit 3, can't remember exactly what I got for 1 & 2, but both in the 80s. (out of 100 I think)

Actually I tend to do much worse in exams than I do throughout the year. I'm just sooo not an exam person which is a bit of a pain in the arse cos I'm gonna have to pass Uni exams!
Reply 7
goodbyecasio
i wish i had these when i started revising!
which was yesterday, haha oops.

thanks!

Hehe! No worries.. I just know that I wish someone had given me some notes when I was doing that last year.. and I wish someone would insert a chip in my brain right now with all the A2 international politics stuff on it! It's taking aaaaages to revise! There's so much!
Reply 8
One word: Saviour :smile: Thanks you!
Reply 9
I too got full marks in in unit 3, 83 in unit 1 and 87 in unit 2.
I am retsking unit 1 and 2 because the A2's are so damn hard. Need a greater surplus in AS.
jesus. you people are hard working.
no one in my class is even dreaming to get over 30-40 per unit...
Epicurus: Yep I really should have retaken Units 1 & 2 because A2 is crazy! I'm not complaining about my AS marks, just want to make it easier for myself this year.

goodbyecasio: I wish I could be that relaxed.. but unfortunately I need AAAA to get into my first choice Uni! Plus I enjoy Politics anyway, so it's not too bad
it's rad. i wish my school was that encouraging.
"go take a gap year... go work in a shop... go to the college down the road..."
but yes. i shall be working hard. despite my school / class.
you inspiring little people. :biggrin:
Leg-end
Reply 14
Wow your notes are fantastic! I'm retaking Unit 3.. what are you doing in international politics? Because i'm doing A2 in US and Comparative Government and Politics. Its really difficult!
Reply 15
Mellowyellow where are you studying politics?
Tamz I too am taking A2 us politics and am finding it fiendishly difficult. i took unit 4 early and got 49/90 (the qns were more sociology based than politics):frown: , and i'd revised for days. Need help for A2 units for US politics. My teacher was shocked. Any help/tips for Edexcel A2 US comparative politics appreciated
Reply 16
Goodbyecasio i too go to a terrible school where in the first year 17/30 failed to get a D and were kicked out. However, if you don't do well, it is no-ones but your own fault.
Reply 17
My politics class is lame. There are 2 groups. As and Us. So you either get an A or you fail.
Reply 18
At The politics department at my school either you get a B or a C. And for the past few years an A no one has achieved. Hopefully, that will change this year though with me.
Reply 19
Well at the moment in my College there is only one A2 Politics group and it only consists of 13 students! However we're all A - C students. My lecturer is very good. It seems that in the first year all these kids join up just for the sake of it. They have no interest in politics whatsoever and find it a subject in which they can argue and slag off Bush and Blair! Lol most don't realise that the world of politics doesn't revolve around two dim-witted leaders!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending