A2: AAAB, probably lol (including GS)

My offers:

Oxford - Rejected
UCL - Rejected
Leeds - AAA
Sheffield - AAA
QMUL - ABB
Kent - ABB

I accepted Kent as my firm, I have to say, mainly on the basis of the Times Law University table as I was very unsure! I put QMUL as my insurance as I didn't particularly like the location, and loved Kent, but am now VERY VERY worried that I made the wrong choice as QM seems to have much better job prospects. I want to be a barrister, and I know a few who went to QMUL, which worries me further lol! Am i screwed?????? Help!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
QM does have better prospects, as do Leeds and Sheffield, however those are irrelevent if you find yourself at a university you don't enjoy and get grades that reflect that discomfort. :smile:
Reply 2
I had an offer from Kent too (BB or something strange like that) and I chose to decline it and apply to Sheffield because I thought it had better prospects (like I actually know anything about these things)since I wanted to be a barrister afterwards. Don't really know anything about QMUL sorry. This was probably largely unhelpful.

Fee xx
Reply 3
Career-wise, I would choose Sheffield, Leeds and QMUL over Kent. But if you really like Kent, by all means put it as your insurance.
Reply 4
I personally would definitely have choosen Sheffield; my law tutor at college claims Sheffield is up there with the "top 10". Kent is still a very good university, and most would agree its in the top 20, so with a 1st/2.1 you should have a decent chance of gettin onto the BVC and obtaining a pupillage.
Reply 5
Kent is great. You'll enjoy it there i'm sure. Plus it's way less pressure than leeds etc grades wise!
Reply 6
Should of gone for Sheffield firm and QMUL as insurance.

I don't have the The Times Good University Guide anymore, as it is now back at the library but if I remember correctly, Sheffield was placed higher than Kent.
Reply 7
Me too in retrospect lol, it's because i got AABCC first time round, and got all deoressed etc due to the fact that i belived i couldn't get in anywhere. I also only believed I'd get ABB, or maybe AAB. Howver, I had some really great resits and so I'm now looking at a very confident AAAB (i need like, ECCB), and a possible AAAA. So yes, now I'm kicking myself. And now that Kent's fallen down the wonderful Times' table of Law unis whilst QMUL has shot up, I kick myself further!!!
Leeds> Sheffield/QMUL > Kent
I don't think it's so much objectivity but the factors that they take into account. For example, Sheffield is usually fairly low because of "inclusiveness" :confused:
Reply 10
Have you considered a gap year? If you do get AAAB you could easily get into some (academically) better places next year and you wouldn't have much pressure to get grades.
Reply 11
Yes, constantly! The thing is, one of the As would be GS, and I don't really think anywhere better will take me on AAB... will they???
Reply 12
Why did you pick Kent? You say you loved it, so go where your heart it.

IMO if you enjoy the place and the course you're more likely to be successful, so then it comes down to were you right to follow your heart and try for a 1st/2.1 or pick somewhere because it's 'better', not be as interested and end up with a 2.2?
Reply 13
You're offer for kent is ABB whereas they offered me AAB?

N No to Kent, I got the interview n got the offer, but on a 3 year scale, couldnt see myself in Canterbury, its soo boring down there.
Reply 14
Your offer was AAB for M100 Law????

I know a few people got BB if they were like, amazing lol.
I received an offer of BBB :smile:
Reply 16
ciara
Have you considered a gap year? If you do get AAAB you could easily get into some (academically) better places next year and you wouldn't have much pressure to get grades.

Kings and Bristol offer AAB and I would say were better than Kent (this is only in an academic sense though, go with what you think overall). Sheffield and a fair few others give AAA offers inc GS. I only got AAB and am at Bristol now. Up to you though, ultimately it's you that has to go there and live there for 3 years, so if you love Kent then go for it :smile:.
Reply 17
Leeds was the best out of those options. I dont understand why you would put those two at all when you want to be a barrister.

Latest

Trending

Trending